Alnwick Wedding

Hi there

We are getting married in Alnwick in September this year and I just wondered if anyone had recommendations for a good hairdresser - not looking for much - possibly just some soft curls but wanted to get it done professionally and also some of the other guests on the morning too.

I am getting my make up done at The Beauty Box in Alnwick and they suggested Salon 2 so might give them a call but if anyone had any recommendations, that would be great.

Thanks!

Hannah

• K1984K1984 Posts: 88

I'm getting married in Northumberland in October and have booked Kara Scott. We went for a trial last month and she was fab. She's also reasonably priced. her website is http://www.karascotthairstylist.co.uk and I'd recommend having a look on her facebook page for most recent styles x

• Hannah221Hannah221 Posts: 41

Hi there

Thanks for getting back to me!   Nice to know someone else is getting married at the same time in Northumberland - where are you getting married about?   Hope you are all organised.

We are from Edinburgh so dont really know a lot of the places down there - going down for a week in July so hoping to meet up with a florist - Simply Flowers?    

Would be good to get a hair trial at the same time (getting make up trial with Beauty Box that week).

Will have a look at the website!

Thanks!

Hannah

• K1984K1984 Posts: 88

We're getting married at Ellingham Hall. How about you? I'm from the NE originally but live down south now, so also planning from afar. There's been a lot of googling and looking at people on Instagram to see whose work I like. I hope I've made the right decisions!! The florist we're using is called Bels Flowers. I saw a pic of work she'd done at our venue and thought the flowers were stunning. 

• Hannah221Hannah221 Posts: 41

Ah I looked at that venue - it looks lovely!  We are having a small wedding - 25 people.  We have booked a house in Craster for everyone to stay in for the weekend and are getting married at Alnwick registry office with wedding breakfast at Northumberland Arms.  

will check out your suggestion for flowers!

thanks!

Hannah x