How are you having your nails!?

Fun thread - how are you having your nails for your big day? With 3 weeks to go I am starting to think of the little things. Need some inspo! Let's see 'em!

• K1984K1984 Posts: 88

I was thinking this the other day. Had a look on Pinterest and loads of really OTT styles came up so I'm hoping someone on here has some good inspiration! 

• EJS1982EJS1982 Posts: 664

I'm cheating - as a rock climber my nails are non existent and a sight for sore eyes so I'm doing those stick on ones in just a pretty French manicure. I'm going to treat myself to a pedicure a few days before though and think I'll just go French manicure for them too. How boring!! Maybe I should have a light pink or something.

• rainbooboorainbooboo Posts: 545

Well I was just going to go for a french manicure but my friend was like NOT FOR YOUR WEDDING!! lol. I am considering something like a french manicure but then with the white bits in a shimmery finish on top of the white x

• Kitten2014Kitten2014 Posts: 1,489

I love a French manicure, it's my absolute favorite. I know it's not for everyone and that some ladies like things that are a little more decorative. I just like the classic look of it.

If I'm going for the "big splurge," I also get my toes done the same :)

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,202

I have an initial idea in my head although not really thought about it!

I wanted something kind of neutral but my theme is gold so I was thinking a splash of gold thrown in. And something special for my ring finger, maybe a heart outline painted in white. Something like this but not square end. 

• Marija2Marija2 Posts: 362

imageimage

I want something like this, but maybe do vertical ombre so one grey would blend into another. But that will depend on my skills on the day ;))) i also want red pedicure but I feel like it might be too bright ;/

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I had pink gel nails with white lace stamping on the ring fingers.

Similar to the photo above.

• TheLegacyofMrsMTheLegacyofMrsM Posts: 2,187 New bride

I was all set to go for a style very similar to the pic Jenni posted, but about 3 days before hand decided to go for something more me and less bridal. I love dark nails and bright pinks and with a lavender colour scheme I thought this would go best:

I really liked them and had a matching dark purple on my toes 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,538 New bride

I like these but I'm not sure they're bridey enough...

• Little JulesLittle Jules Posts: 1,538

I ended up with a very pale sparkly pink partly because mum insisted that was more bridal. But kind of wish I'd stuck to my intentions and gone with a darker colour!

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,199 New bride

Simple French manicure for me! 

• Melissa-9Melissa-9 Posts: 5

I will match my nails to the flowers in the bouquet, so they will be light purple :) 

My friend looked awesome when she matched mint flowers with mint nails, so I've actually got the idea from her (but I am not so brave to have green nails :) ).

NikkiM wrote (see post):

I like these but I'm not sure they're bridey enough...

I think they are soooo pretty! maybe you could have slightly softer colours so they arent as strong? But I honestly think they are so pretty you could have them x

Little Jules wrote (see post):

I ended up with a very pale sparkly pink partly because mum insisted that was more bridal. But kind of wish I'd stuck to my intentions and gone with a darker colour!

I have been a little led by my mum on certain things but I am trying to stick to my guns now too. It is hard! x

• Monica9Monica9 Posts: 4

I wanted bright colors ( red or pink) for my nails, but my friend made a good point when she pointed out that those colors don't pair well with the jewelry I'm planing to wear. I'm going to have bigger and "flashier" jewelry so i decided to go with more subtle color for my nails.

It's so easy to go mad on everything isnt it, rather than think of the overall look. I chose a sash at first which I have now changed my mind about...that was a exensive mistake! x

Did someone already make the point about coordinating your nails to your flowers?  (I may have missed it, if so I apologize.) Yes, #firstworldproblems, I am well aware...!

I mentioned it on a different thread, but I think it's a worthy point. As a bride, I wouldn't want my nails to "compete" or clash with my flowers. I think taking a cue from the bridal bouquet is a good starting place in deciding whether to go bold, conservative, dark or light, etc. Nothing else is going to be in such direct contact with your hands (other than your ring) all day other than your bouquet. Your hands wrapped around those flowers will be the subject of many a photo, so I would probably work to ensure that they are a harmonious look.

I personally think that either light nails or dark nails coordinate nicely with a neutral-toned bouquet, so I wouldn't overthink that too much. However, if anyone is opting for a bouquet with a lot of colour, I would then probably be more mindful on the style/ colour of my nails. 

Just my two cents if you are a b2b stuck on what to do :)

Very good point Kitten! I think I will end up with something that compliments as it is but something important to consider x

• MrsCallowMrsCallow Posts: 348

Ohhhh I love nails!! Another French manicure bride here :) we are going straight on our honeymoon so I wanted my nails to go with all my holiday clothes too. 

MrsCallow2Be I love your nails, are they real or acryic?! You have very elegant hands

• MrsCallowMrsCallow Posts: 348

Ahhhh thank you! They are acrylic but natural (not white tips) and she painted on the white and pink in shellac. They were a trial and lasted 4 weeks without a chip! I only had them re done because my nails had grown and there was a gap. Xxx

Serious nail envy here, MrsCallow! Your nail stylist did an excellent job.

I am glad that (so far!) there has been no French manicure bashing on this thread! I remember a nail thread from not too long ago that had me nearly convinced that French was so out, there were so many ladies against that style. I actually refrained from piping up!

Clearly, there are still many fans, like myself :)

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,538 New bride

Nothing wrong with a French manicure. I really like this one....

That's pretty with the lace detail!

• UmbongoUmbongo Posts: 89

I originally went in to the nail salon thinking about getting frenchies.....but ended up coming out with these! I had earrings/bracelet etc that matched this colour. Probably not to everyones tastes, but I loved them!image

• Deep red nails for me!

• Maria60Maria60 Posts: 113

I will do gel nails of neutral colour with lace may be!

• MC98MC98 Posts: 211

Something like this for me.. Blue shoes so I want to match, although a little lighter than this shade, and Im trying to grow my nails a bit!

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 527 New bride

These were mine, a simple French with diamantes along the tip of the ring finger for a bit of sparkle