Overweight and over 50

Hi,

Added to the already stated, I also wear glasses! I have searched for months for a hairstyle that MAY suit me and my wedding day is now 8 weeks away. I'm due to go for a trial in 3 weeks but I need to have SOME idea. Although it is my 2nd marriage, it is my OH 1st so I would really like to wear a (short but not birdcage) veil too. We are getting married with literally just VERY close family at a hotel but I will be wearing a full length, ivory dress with lace straps. Any ideas at all, please?

• SharalynSharalyn Posts: 7

image Hair is a bit longer now but the same style

• Mrs B2b3Mrs B2b3 Posts: 257

Hi Sharalyn

Hairdressers are really good at suggesting what might suit you and there's hair magazines to give you ideas too. I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride!

• LantrolLantrol Posts: 43

Have a search on pintrest too. Pin the styles you like and show to hairdresser.  That's what I'm doing.  

I think a simple decorative comb would be lovely, as from the picture you posted your hair looks great lovely thick and a lovely colour. 

• SharalynSharalyn Posts: 7

Thanks Ladies,

I've booked a trial locally for next week (my actual wedding and therefore trial is in Wales) so fingers crossed!

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 185

Sharalyn... With a title like overweight and over 50...I felt really sorry that you feel that way! I see your photo and you are gorgeous, a lovely smile and thick hair !

i am nearing 50 and I am having my second wedding in 9 weeks! i have chosen a real wedding dress with a train and like you I don't know what to put in my hair...at the weekend I saw some lovely and pretty cheap fascinators in Debenhams..I may go for that? i have a couple of combs too, i will decide on the day with my hairdresser what to choose...I am not having a trial as my wedding is 4 hours away...hoping all will be ok

another point to remember is that your husband to b already loves you for who you are! Loves hard to find sometimes...embrace it!   Xxx

• Mrs B2b3Mrs B2b3 Posts: 257

Hi Sharalyn  did you choose a style?