Getting some samples!

I'm getting married in Cyprus and don't think I want to pay a mua to do my makeup as I don't want to have a face full due to the heat! I'm wanting to try and get some samples from different brands to see what I like the best but now do I do this? Do I have to pay for them or are they free?

• MC98MC98 Posts: 211

Hii :)

I'm getting married too far from home to have lots of MUA trials so I've been going to department stores the last few weeks to chat to consultants from different brands about what I need (I have oily/combination skin so need a good coverage for spots but don't want too much shine), and I've been having foundation applied by them to see how well it lasts the day.. Some have given samples without me asking, someone had to ask for them, but it's all been totally free! They've been so helpful, af I know that I'll be able to buy the right base for the day that I can ask my MUA to apply for me the morning of! 

• Jessica147Jessica147 Posts: 322

I've managed to get free samples from Mac, chanel, loncome, Estee lauder, laura mercier and a couple of others. The only brand who wouldn't give a sample, free or not was makeup forever. Just ask and most places will be happy to help x

• marysiamarysia Posts: 18

ooo this is a top tip ladies - i didn't even think to ask for samples. I have 5 weeks to go and need to decide on a foundation! I'm off to John Lewis tomorrow then :)