My first hair and make up trial pictures :-/

Today I had my first hair and make up trial! The girl was so lovely and really listened to everything I wanted but I think it's just me, I'm just not sure what I want or what look I am after! I thought I wanted my hair all up but I don't like my fringe so no idea what to do with it. I don't feel very feminine or sexy or beautiful but no idea how to feel this way either! 

The make up is OK but I'm not used to wearing a lot of make up so I feel a bit self conscious at the moment. I did have her take some of the eye make-up off as I felt like a drag queen lol!! 

Oh I just don't know what I want! I think i will have another trial and try with my hair down and slightly different make up. 

These are the pics from today...

• Nikki-93Nikki-93 Posts: 171

Your make-up looks lovely! Maybe if your not sure on your fringe have a softer up-do with a few bits down on the side so that its not all fringe. I had a full fringe up until recently but ended up growing it out as i never felt confortable wearing it up and just having a fringe there

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

You look lovely, the make up and hair style is very pretty. X

• Lily31Lily31 Posts: 128

Beautiful, the makeup really suits you and doesn't look too much at all. Don't forget you sometimes need a bit more than you usually would for it to show on photos but I think that is perfect. I like the hair too but as others have suggested, maybe you could have it a bit more relaxed on the sides (but not hanging down) so the fringe doesn't look so blunt. Lovely though! 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,649 New bride

I agree maybe some bits of hair at the side of your face as it will soften the fringe but the makeup is lovely. I don't think you need to change anything about the makeup.

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I think you look lovely, the make up looks nice! I know what you mean if you don't wear make up much I can see why you think it maybe too much. As someone who doesn't know you I don't think it is. 

i agree with the others about your hair, it's nice but to soften it you could have a few more bits down by your fringe.

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,536 New bride

The make up looks lovely on you! Way better than my first disaster of a make up trial! hah.

I would be tempted to have another trial with your hair down. Will it suit your dress? You have a lovley slim face so you don't need your hair up to help slim it like I do. I just think with your fringe I'd go down! I used to have a fringe like that too and I always preferred my hair down with it.

• NightsparkNightspark Posts: 566

The make up is lovely! not over the top and very natural! The hair looks gorgeous from the back but I agree just the fringe from the front looks a little odd, I would have a few curled falling at the sides slightly to tie in with having the fridge down - overall it's a lovely look! You look beautiful :)

• missmarvelmissmarvel Posts: 219

I think the make up is lovely And really suits you. 

Your hair is blunt, a softer up-do would be better with the fringe, maybe a little volume to it too?? 

• TC2017TC2017 Posts: 69

I think you look stunning. I love your make up, I would love something just like that, it's a really pretty fresh appearance.

I really love your hair too. I've got a fringe so was keen to see how you look and I think it works. I think it's worth trying a few loose bits to see what you think. When I've had updo's before and a few bits curled down I thought on me it looked a bit odd and wasn't sure if that was because of my fringe.

A few weeks ago I had an updo and she put a plait down one side and then kind of weaved my fringe into the plait, with lots of spray it stayed put, I then had a few loose bits at the sides.

I like the photo with your fringe swept to the side, (the one with you facing the mirror). I think she's done a great job and if you went with it you'll look stunning but if you want a few tweaks I'm sure she'll be happy to do so.

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

I agree with the other ladies - your make-up is lovely and she's done a fab job on your hair too. I love the detailing at the back. I think the fringe is a tad heavy. I guess you should decide if you want to grow it out (I did) or try a different style. It is very easy to amend!

I can completely sympathise with how you feel. If you're not used to being made-up, it is difficult to feel your usual self. However, what can make it feel stranger is when you're sat around in your scrubs! I felt too 'over done' after my hair trial but I purposely went and tried my dress on later that day to see the 'complete look' and it was instantly better! It can be so easy to want to be your normal self, but when I went for another dress fitting last week with my everyday hair style (basically down and a bit messy!), I saw how it totally didn't work as I didn't look bridal - just like I had rolled out of bed and decided to wear a wedding dress that day!

I suggest you sit on this for a few months and reflect on what you liked and disliked. I had my trials with two months to go so there is no rush for you to decide now. If you can, tie in a dress fitting with a trial - it was a massive help for me (and put some doubts at ease!) x

• Helen194Helen194 Posts: 14

I think you look lovely but if it puts your mind at ease book a second trial. I felt a bit unsure after my first hair trial even though the hairdresser did exactly what i asked for! A very good honest friend told me quite bluntly that it made me look like Nanny Mcphee (not the look i was hoping for) so i booked a second trial. This time i absolutely love it and am so glad i booked another or i would have worried all the way up to the wedding and always had doubts xx

• Mrs..C..2beMrs..C..2be Posts: 318 New bride

Very similar opinion to the others about the make up being lovely and maybe having few hair tendrils coming down to soften the fringe. I particularly like the colours and application on your eyes. Will you be having any hair accessories? If so might be worth trying those on with the hair style as they can change the finished look x. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I think your make up looks lovely but the full fringe is a bit much - looks lovely swept to the side.

• Kim90Kim90 Posts: 185

I really like the 2nd photo where your fringe is pulled to one side...but u look stunning, makeup is really lovely and natural..I personally would want a bit more ... But that's cos I'm older! 

I'm very interested in your lipstick colour ...beautiful!

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

Hey, thank you all for your kind words and great advice as always! I agree with you all about needing a softer style - I took these pictures straight after my trial and then left my hair and make-up for the entire day! it lasted really well and I only touched it up at about 7pm to go to a family party, but only the face, the eye make-up held perfectly.  My hair gave me such a bad headache throughout the day though, it was just so tightly done with some clips digging into my head so I am a little unsure about having that for the day.  I think I am going to have another trial this time with my hair down and my fringe pulled over to the side, will make it a softer more feminine look, and I agree that my hair needs a bit more volume.

I will try to find out the lip colour Kim90 as I quite like that too!

I will have a veil for the ceremony and then in the evening I am having a hair vine but I didn't have either of these to try for my trial but once I have them I will book another trial.  I feel so unsure about all of this I wish I had something in mind that I was working towards but I just have no clue! lol!

• VickySCVickySC Posts: 56

I think it looks great! It's very Taylor Swift (who I love and think is GORGEOUS, so hopefully that's not offensive)

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

Haha!! no not offensive at all! I get compared to Taylor Swift a lot because I am very tall and all arms and legs like she is, I'm also pretty awkward and nerdy.  Being compared to her makes me feel better about myself! hahaha!! xxxx

• Tina20Tina20 Posts: 14

I love the hair in the second pic with the side fringe.  The make up is perfect! 

• rachietownrachietown Posts: 125

I agree with everyone- your makeup looks gorgeous!

I have a heavy, blunt, full fringe and for my first trial I had my hair put up and it didn't look quite right. As soon as she took it down I felt so much more comfortable. Try it down and if you're not sure then try another up-do but with a few more loose bits at the front to take away the harshness of the fringe from the front.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll look beautiful whatever you decide!