Make Up - Lipstick

Have you ladies chosen which lipstick you will be wearing for the big day? If so, can you please share? Looking for inspiration. Thanks

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,662 New bride

I keep changing my mind, but at the moment I'm thinking of using one I just bought from a new range of Loreal lip paint. The colour is called pink lady and they also do matte shades if youre into that (I personally find matte super ageing)

Its a liquid lipstick so goes on well, is very pigmented and long lasting. I'm also using a Bobbi Brown lip pencil all over to give a base.

• Bims09Bims09 Posts: 240 New bride

Ooo Mrs W, good question! I was actually wondering yesterday, do I take my own lipstick to the make up trial or wait to see what she puts on me then buy some of that for touch ups on the day? 

Sammykate, that's a gorgeous colour. How long does it last? 

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,662 New bride
    Bims09 wrote (see post):

Ooo Mrs W, good question! I was actually wondering yesterday, do I take my own lipstick to the make up trial or wait to see what she puts on me then buy some of that for touch ups on the day? 

Sammykate, that's a gorgeous colour. How long does it last? 

I've only had it a couple of weeks so I need to test it properly! But the couple of times I've worn it it seems to last really well, several hours unless you eat and then it needs redoing. I think the colour is very bridal :) they do several other colours too.

For your trial I would wait to see what she puts on you! You can always change it to your own once you get home then decide which you prefer

• Mrs B2b3Mrs B2b3 Posts: 255

I'm having Reveuse by Chanel. My MUA recommended it so I bought it. It's a lovely colour.

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

I never usually wear lipstick and did my own makeup- so decision took me ages and lots of failed attempts- nude was a particularly bad idea on me- but for ceremony i ended up with a bourgois lip stain with a little gloss over the topimageimage and then for evening i wore ilmasqua gloss- but it behaves like a lipstick. imagestill wear them on special occasions- I'm a convert!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Dont know about brand yet or if make up srtist doing all this but i like these two coloursimage  i wont have much make up on at all . 

• Sara50Sara50 Posts: 196

I would highly recommend No. 7 stay perfect. It has amazing staying power and is quite pigmented so stands out in the photos really well but doesn't look to much. I used it in coral dream with the lip liner in pink and they match really well. They do it in a few different colours so you can pick what suits you best. 

• Wow, thanks for all your replies, ladies.

I had my make up trial last week and although I did really like the lipstick she used, I thought it was a bit too much for a bridal look.

Bims09 - I would wait to see what lipstick she chooses for you, but if you already have a lipstick that you have in mind then take it to her to show her. My MUA tried a couple of different lipsticks on me and I was happy with the second one at the time, but after the trial I decided against it

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

My mua gives me the lipstick to keep, I've not had my trial yet but looking forward to seeing what she recommends. 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455
    Soon to be Mrs WBims09 wrote (see post):

Wow, thanks for all your replies, ladies.

I had my make up trial last week and although I did really like the lipstick she used, I thought it was a bit too much for a bridal look.

Bims09 - I would wait to see what lipstick she chooses for you, but if you already have a lipstick that you have in mind then take it to her to show her. My MUA tried a couple of different lipsticks on me and I was happy with the second one at the time, but after the trial I decided against it

Do you have any pics?

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Mine used MAC politely pink:

I recently had a Bobbi Brown lesson and they used Blush lipstick:

With Ballet pink lip pencil:

I liked them all so just gotta pick one to buy!

• Hails -  Sorry, I didn't take any pics... The MUA has a couple but I'm pulling stupid faces in them so I don't want to share for the world to see!!

Jenni8 - Thanks for your recommendations! I think the Bobbi Brown lipstick is exactly what I'm looking for!!

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

Great question and great to see everyone's choices!!  I've had a tough one with this, my signature is Ruby Woo by MAC and I've been wearing it for ages, my absolute go to.  So choosing another colour that will stand out as I don't want to go the red route has been challenging - but I'm thinking of stick with MAC matte lipsticks as they have great staying power on me!

This is Brave: 

Instagram media by fortheloveofmakeupbaby - I never get tiered of this famous combo: #MAC "Soar" lipliner #MAC "Brave" lipstick:

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I think I will probably go for Clarins Natural lip perfector in a pink shade. They are pretty sheer but I like the fact I can just top it up without worrying I've got it perfectly on. It's not sticky like a lip gloss either. I just think realistically a lip isn't going to last with kissing, food and drink and a top up will be required. I don't want something that looks perfect but wears off and either looks weird or takes ages to reapply. I want to have fun! 

http://www.clarins.co.uk/instant-light-natural-lip-perfector/0440281.html#start=1

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,652 New bride

This is what my MUA is using and I have bought to top up during the day. Lancôme Rouge in Love 240 Rose en Deshabille.

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561
    NikkiM wrote (see post):

This is what my MUA is using and I have bought to top up during the day. Lancôme Rouge in Love 240 Rose en Deshabille.

That's gorgeous! I've got lipstick envy!! 

• Bims09Bims09 Posts: 240 New bride

Hi ladies, just thought I would resurrect this thread as I had my hair and make up trial at the weekend. She used the lipstick below, which is Bourjois Rouge Edition Souffle de Velvet... and I love it!

It doesn't come out nearly as red as it looks, it's more of a pinky colour and can be layered on depending on how bold you want the colour to be. It's also a matte texture but quite light so it doesn't seem to dry out my lips. Really nice product and I have bought one of my own so I can touch up during the evening.

Anyway, thought this might help to inspire someone! The colour is Cherry Leader, 06.

• I keep changing my mind about this! I bought Mac Cosmo thinking it would be perfect but when it arrived decided i wanted something pinker, so then i bought Rimmel 'It's a Keeper' which looks a perfect nudey pink in real life, but on some photos where I'm wearing it my lips look more of a purpley pink?! Which is not what I want it to look like in my wedding photos, so at the minute I'm undecided..