Hair : Dress

im looking at hairstyles and love the long boho braids with flowers (think rapunzel) but I don't think I'll go for that kind of dress 

do you have to match or is it all dependant? I don't want to fall in love too much to then have to change my mind

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,369 New bride

I was going for half up half down but have now decided against it. I hardly wear my hair down and it's very frizzy and fine so wouldn't hold for very long. I've decided on an elegant up do xx

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

Part of me thinks go for what you like, it doesn't matter if it doesn't match the dress/theme. I always thought I would have my hair down as I always do and think it suits me more. My hairdresser said the good thing about an up do is that it stays in place all day. 

That being said, since trying on dresses I have often thought an up do would be better, particularly if there's parts of the dress that would be hidden by my hair. You pay so much for the dress that it's a shame not to show it off! 

I wouldn't worry about it until you've found your dress, you may surprise yourself with what you choose. 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Hmm I do think in some ways that the overall look should tie in. For example I don't think that a boho braid with gyp would work with a structured satin dress. But that is quite extreme, and I think in general as long you choose something that works for you and suits your personality/style then it will be fine!

I am also contemplating a loose plait after my hair stylist did me a gorgeous one in my trial and I had considered that my dress doesn't match it but I think I can pull it off!

I echo what Lexi said though - just find a dress you love and everything else will fit into place after that! If it is a style not suited to a braid then you will something that looks equally beautiful and you love just as much (or more) to match.