Afro/Caribbean Hair Stylist

Hiya,

Could you give me some recommendations for a hair stylist that can work with natural afro hair please? I do not want to wear straight weaves or straighten my hair for my wedding and I keep getting these suggestions from stylists which is really irritating. My hair is long enough not to need any additions and thick enough for most styles. I'm hoping someone can recommend me a great hair stylist that works with natural afro hair as I am lost, not much choice for black women when it comes to hair and make up.

thank you in advance

• Issa19unionIssa19union Posts: 123 New bride

Maybe look for a few nice styles in magazines or online and show them to hairdressers for some inspiration. I'm guessing they're just assuming straight is better if they haven't had many natural brides.

Where are you based?

• hi again that's fine if they think that but it's about what I want and know will suit me. I'm based in London x

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride

Hi ShellyBelly_x,  there is a very useful thread called African/ Caribbean brides I think.

Have a look there, there is a list of mua, hair stylist and other vendors for us African/Caribbean brides 😊

Hope that helps x

• HiImMrsM2bHiImMrsM2b Posts: 160 New bride
    ShellyBelly_x wrote (see post):

Hiya,

Could you give me some recommendations for a hair stylist that can work with natural afro hair please? I do not want to wear straight weaves or straighten my hair for my wedding and I keep getting these suggestions from stylists which is really irritating. My hair is long enough not to need any additions and thick enough for most styles. I'm hoping someone can recommend me a great hair stylist that works with natural afro hair as I am lost, not much choice for black women when it comes to hair and make up.

thank you in advance

Hey ShellyBelly 

I managed to find a few as I alsonly wear my natural hair:

Purely Natural in Stratford

Blackhairblackbeauty.co.UK

Avos hair

Ebony b.co.uk

Virtuous hair and beauty

There are a few others I'll find a get back to you with

X

• Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out :)

• QueenD wrote (see post):

Hi ShellyBelly_x,  there is a very useful thread called African/ Caribbean brides I think.

Have a look there, there is a list of mua, hair stylist and other vendors for us African/Caribbean brides 😊

Hope that helps x

I couldn't find it so gutted. I am going to look for it again x