Forum home Hair & make-up

Teeth whitening strips- advice please ladies!

Hello all, 

As my day approaches (just over four weeks!), I am beginning to think of the smaller details. I would like to give my teeth a wee home whiten to make my smile dazzle. I have heard a few people mention crest 3d whitening strips professional. Does anyone have any experience with these? It seems you can not buy them in the UK- this worries me! 

Any recommendations for similar products? I don't want to spend a fortune nor do i need to go down the professional whitening route. I would just like to lift my teeth a few shades.

Thanks!

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

I bought the boots advanced whitening strips, same ingredients as the crest ones but for half the price! 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

The British Dental Association has banned them because of the levels of bleach they contain. probably okay as a one off and I'm sure you can get them on eBay or amazon? http://www.thebeautyseries.com/2014/08/crest-teeth-whitening-strips-good-and.html?m=1

• There was a BBC programme a couple of years ago called "How clean are your teeth?". I'd try watch that (or at least try find an article) before purchasing anything.

Basically home whitening kits don't work - they tested loads and scientifically scored teeth colours/shades. Also never but mouthwash, complete waste of money.

I'm big into teeth and found it really interesting, and changed some of my habits as a result.

• Ive just read a bit online about the Crest strips and think I will stay away- I don't want to put anything in my mouth that has been banned!
    Thanks for the advice and pointing me towards that programme. Sounds like interesting viewing. 
    I think I may try the boots ones that gill recommended. Even if they don't make much difference I shall feel a tad more confident! 

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

You could talk to your dentist about safe whitening options?

• Rosegold017Rosegold017 Posts: 476

I bought the Crest whitening strips off eBay, however they didn't have Crest written on the pack so I wonder if they were a substitute brand. They were labelled as 'approved in the UK'. I found them to be really good though and I felt like my teeth continued to whiten in the weeks after they were all used up.

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,654 New bride

I used the Crest strips which I bought from what I assume is a UK website. Did a really good job at whitening my teeth too and I only used them for a couple of weeks.

• LeeLawLeeLaw Posts: 107 New bride

I have used the crest whitening strips (US version, the UK are useless).

You can order them off the US amazon site. If you already have sensitive teeth I would stay away from them though as they can really hurt after the course of 2 weeks.

• I've been looking into this too just recently, and had also looked into the Crest strips as they seem to actually work. I am wary about buying things like that off Ebay just in case it is a fake and my gums burn off! I think I will also try those Boots ones mentioned by Gill as they should be safe. I don't have very discoloured teeth, I just want to give them a boost.

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

I've used the Crest strips bought in the US and they're really good. I don't have sensitive teeth, but i found they did make them sensitive if used every night. I done them a 3 or 4 times a week and they deffo worked. 

If its just surface stains, have a look at oil pulling. Don't buy into the whole coco-white business or anything though, just use good old coconut oil. It doesn't whiten, but does lift surface stains and make your teeth super sparkly. 

• JulyBride4JulyBride4 Posts: 172

Oo I am so glad you asked this question!! I too am wondering the same.  When people are referring to the Crest whitening strips (from US) - do you mean these ones? 

Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrip Teeth Whitening Kit, Glamorous White, 14 Treatments - Packaging May Vary

• louise264louise264 Posts: 17

I would stay well away from any whitening products that do not come from a dentist. You risk doing permanent damage.

I'm whitening with a teeth shield and bleaching gel from my dentist, it's pricy but worth it as it won't hurt my teeth and is made by dentists,

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

After starting a thread on the same topic fairly recently, I have decided to go through the dentist to get bespoke made moulds and bleaching gel to do at home in the lead up to the wedding. It is £129 but I am willing to pay that, and then it can be reused for life if you buy more gel which I believe is £20.

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

I had an advanced  clear white kit (bought when 50%off) and boots strips and they worked and caused no damage at all. I think the 'if it's not a dentist then it'll damage ur teeth' is just fear mongering from dentists to get more money out of you! They are all subject to strict tests and laws etc anyway. I used them for a good month before wedding and it made a definite difference 

• bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I've used Crest strips in the past (this was a few years ago now though) so I know they do work. The taste isn't great though as you will find some of the gel will 'leak' out.

You might want to consider using a toothpaste like Prorelief for a few weeks before hand if you suffer from sensitive teeth as I did get some sensitivity (my teeth have always been super sensitive though).

I had my teeth professionally whitened using trays and gel from my dentist a few years ago after having braces, it was called Pola White and unfortunately it burnt all my gums and I had big white blisters. They did disappear but it just goes to show that even stuff from the dentist can cause problems.

• I tried Crest whitening strips last year at the advice of my American sister in law. They're BRILLIANT! Use Sendodyne toothpaste for two weeks first to avoid sensitivity. I only used them for a couple of weeks before my brother's wedding (I wouldn't trust using them all the time as yes they are banned in the U.K. Due to higher quantity of bleach than the UK allows) but it was perfect for that and I got so many compliments - definitely made a big difference! I have loads left too so will definitely be using them for My own wedding this summer! Got them on Amazon. I have had prodessional teeth whitening done in England too (Groupon voucher) but to be honest I couldn't see a scrap of difference! 

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108 New bride

I got moulds made at the dentist and bought pola night bleach and slept with it in for a few weeks it does work 

• Jordan22Jordan22 Posts: 1

I've been using this product for 7 months now and it has really helped with all the discolouration i had! Its 100% natural so will not damage the enamel! Here's the link would definitely recommend https://bit.ly/2seZSkl

• Heidi35Heidi35 Posts: 15

I personally wouldn't use the Crest strips.  I use Polanight and it is fantastic.  I started on 16% and worked my way up, I now use 35% but only leave that on about 5-10 minutes and only need to use it once every 4 or 5 months xx

• N14N14 Posts: 1

Stay away from Crestwhitestrips.co.uk, teethwhiteningshop.co.uk, crestwhitestripsonline.co.uk, caliwhite.co.uk, whitestrips4u.com, crestwhitestrips.direct, ukteetwhitening.com and more fake websites! All of them sell fake products. All products are sent from Hong Kong or China. I contacted manufacturer providing photos of the item I received from Hong Kong and received a reply that they can't provide any information about non-genuine products. Manufacturer suggested me to purchase Crest products from a reputable retailer. AVOID SCAMMERS and only buy Crest products from a reputable retailers (mostly based in the USA).

• A girl at work had moulds and whitening gel from the dentist. Did a great job, but she said it did hurt quite a bit. My teeth are not very good at all, I need veneers really. I don't show my teeth when I smile for photos though. Funnily enough I never have, even in very early school portraits as a little girl, when my teeth were obviously fine. At least I do smile though. MIL doesn't smile in photos at all, says she looks stupid!

• Hello all, 

As my day approaches (just over four weeks!), I am beginning to think of the smaller details. I would like to give my teeth a wee home whiten to make my smile dazzle. I have heard a few people mention crest 3d whitening strips professional. Does anyone have any experience with these? It seems you can not buy them in the UK- this worries me! 

Any recommendations for similar products? I don't want to spend a fortune nor do i need to go down the professional whitening route. I would just like to lift my teeth a few shades.

Thanks!

I've  been using  Crest 3D Whitening Strips  from pearlywhitesdirect .com  and I am so happy with the result.  I live in the UK and they are delivered to my door within 3 days. 
  • I can also vouch for crest whitening strips - they work quickly and are painless! Slightly expensive though but worth it for a quick fix :)
  • arnoldcloonyarnoldcloony Posts: 2 New bride
    edited 19 May
    If I were you, I would opt for professional whitening. It has more benefits than strips and lasts much longer. Usually, professional whitening is made on all teeth and is perfect for people who have an irregular maxillary. Strips in such cases won’t white the teeth proportionally so it won’t be esthetically beautiful. As I said the strip’s effect is twice shorter than professional whitening, so you will have to repeat the procedure at least two times per year.  Naples cosmetic dentistry  helped me to get the perfect and the most impeccable smile on earth by doing the professional whitening about two years ago. I still amaze how white and sparkling my teeth are.

Here is the link of Naples cosmetic dentistry www.naples-smiles.com/cosmetic-dentistry/.