Short hair!! "No I'm not going to grow it!"

I have found that as soon as people find out I am getting married the first thing they say Is....

Them "what you doing with your hair? Are you growing it?"

Me "No"

Them "Oh, I think it will be nice if you grow it"

Me "Nope, I'm having it short"

Three people so far !! In the space of a month!! Is there some hidden code that

wedding = grow your hair

Arrrrggghhhhhhhh!

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Awww poor you tell them to go away!  I like short hair and my moh has a pixie !  I think you should embrace what you have!    She is wearing a little hair slide on one side whereas my bridedmaids will have flower crowns.   

• HiImMrsM2bHiImMrsM2b Posts: 160 New bride
    Badgersbetty wrote (see post):

I have found that as soon as people find out I am getting married the first thing they say Is....

Them "what you doing with your hair? Are you growing it?"

Me "No"

Them "Oh, I think it will be nice if you grow it"

Me "Nope, I'm having it short"

Three people so far !! In the space of a month!! Is there some hidden code that

wedding = grow your hair

Arrrrggghhhhhhhh!

Unfortunately people automatically think that if you are getting married you want long hair straight hair. I used to have a pixie cut andown if I still had it would wear it on my wedding day. Keep your hair short if that's what you want

X

• Mrs_BadgerMrs_Badger Posts: 1,440

That's what's I intend to do.. My mum is the worst, constantly going on about how it looks better long and how awful it is now.  Nice hey,

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,663 New bride

I swear people do this even if you have long hair! I have long hair, of which the length varies because you know, sometimes I get it cut.

Woman at work: "oh your hair is really long, did you grow it for the wedding"

me: "is it? I guess it's just a while since my last cut" 

Her: "yes... are you growing it for the wedding? You should grow it for the wedding"

So I agree with you, people are obsessed!! Next time someone asks just tell them you are planning to shave it all off the week before as your groom has a thing for bald brides.

• i'll be honest, I was someone who grew my hair for my wedding. It was never particularly short but I've been growing it for years just in case I got married as I wanted more options of what to do with it. It kinda comes from years ago when my dad used to cut my hair and I wanted a trim before my prom but he accidentally cut half of it off and I couldn't do what I gad planned with it!

i would never impose my own thought about my hair on someone else though! You obviously like how you look with short hair so why should you change that for your wedding day.

This is second time round for me.... At my first wedding my mum did he same thing "you're growing your hair aren't you?" 

I stupidly did what everyone wanted! I look back at those photos and think 'Eurrghhhh'

Definintely having it short!

• emma531emma531 Posts: 216

Yes!! I like this! Keep it short, you want to look like you on your wedding day.

My hair is just above shoulder length (so not short short) but im seriously going to lose it one of these days with people telling me how i should have MY hair. I had it dyed the other day and someone at work who i barely know had a whinge about how people should have natural coloured hair for my wedding, I'll regret it etc. Urm.... No. Ill have hair im happy with thanks!

Also people say you MUST have your hair up. Why??!! 

I've discovered that wedding=people putting their opinion in where its not wanted. Does my head in! X

• I've had one question along that line of "are you going to grow your hair?" but that was more of an inquiry, as I'm known for changing my hair a lot!

Mine is a bob cut and it will probably stay this length for my wedding. Although I have heard of other people going through what you are OP. They think wedding = long hair for some reason?

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Oh emma i agree, my moh is obsessed anout outting mine all up and having it all near and tidy, its just not me mine will be down and all over the place!  I did up and neat last time. 

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

My hair is long, I love short hair and I am always tempted to cut mine short but always regret it when I do as I can never style it to look how it did and I cant maintain it looking nice short.  With long hair I can at least scrape it back in a bun if I have a bad hair day.

My mum is the same though Badgersbetty.  She is very opinionated about how I should have my hair and I've been told I cant have my hair down as it makes me look too long!?!.........try getting your head around that one! hahaha!

I am literally so stressed about how I should be having my hair for the wedding and I am running out of time to decide! xx

emma531 wrote (see post):

Yes!! I like this! Keep it short, you want to look like you on your wedding day.

My hair is just above shoulder length (so not short short) but im seriously going to lose it one of these days with people telling me how i should have MY hair. I had it dyed the other day and someone at work who i barely know had a whinge about how people should have natural coloured hair for my wedding, I'll regret it etc. Urm.... No. Ill have hair im happy with thanks!

Also people say you MUST have your hair up. Why??!! 

I've discovered that wedding=people putting their opinion in where its not wanted. Does my head in! X

Love it!! Lol

My hair is short and pixie style... My hairdresser said it actually suits me short because of my face shape and not many people can carry it off.

She always does it short and funky!! Not soft and fluffy duck (as she calls it). Lol

Got a 50's style dress and having a birdcage veil! 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Oh and my hairs dyed bright red!image

Excuse the messy hair, just got back from work and it's been raining!