Hair and make-up trial - fiance

Hi all

I have to travel for mine and it will be during a weekend away with H2b.  Is it ok for him to see my hair and make up, or is this a no no?

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride

Personally I don’t mind Stu seeing my hair and makeup, but wouldn’t want him seeing my dress. In fact he did see my hair after my trial on Saturday :) i’d say do whatever you feel comfortable with 

• Depends how your H2B feels about it?

My husband wanted my entire look to be a surprise so I had make up trials cleaned off and hair trials taken back down (both after photos) so he wouldn't see. If your H2B isn't too bothered and you don't want to keep it a surprise then no reason he can't see? The hardest thing for me was that the opinion I wanted the most was the one I couldn't have!

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

My husband saw my makeup after my trial, I didn't mind at all, I was able to test the staying power of my lipstick! But I took most of my hair down after my trial as I didn't want him seeing the complete look. But in your case why don't you put on a nice outfit afterwards and use it to look great on a date night for your weekend away, think if it's as wedding practice 😜

• Blush2018 wrote (see post):

Hi all

I have to travel for mine and it will be during a weekend away with H2b.  Is it ok for him to see my hair and make up, or is this a no no?

There are no rules..... except the ones you make for yourself!

If you think its ok, then its ok (and I like Tanya's thinking, lol) x