Please help me choose a hairstyle (pics included)

Hi Everyone

I had my hair trial this week!!! Starting to feel so real. I'm torn between 2 styles, my Mum likes one and my BM's like another. I'm finding it so hard to choose and was just after some really honest opinions please :) I sometimes wonder if my family and friends say what they think I want to hear :) But I need brutal honesty!

Going to have some small flowers placed in whichever style I choose.

This is so hard because the one person who's opinion I want is my partners! Thank you in advance xx

Style 1

image image

Style 2

image image

• They're both so gorgeous! Very difficult choice, I keep going this one... no that one... no that one! haha! I think I prefer the second one just a tiny bit though... I think... But both are so lovely!! haha Good luck with this one! x

Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread
  • I prefer number 2 but theyr'e both gorgeous and very bridal!

• I also very marginally prefer the second!

• KatyMKatyM Posts: 32

Another vote for the second style!

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 329 New bride
    LittleLottieJayne wrote (see post):

They're both so gorgeous! Very difficult choice, I keep going this one... no that one... no that one! haha! I think I prefer the second one just a tiny bit though... I think... But both are so lovely!! haha Good luck with this one! x

Aww thank you! I think I like how low the bun sits on the first one, but I like the messy braid on the second. It doesn't help I'm the most indecisive person ever, but really lovely to have another persons perspective. Thank you x

• could you not merge the bits you like of each together? So have a braid above the low bun instead of the twists? 

Something like this:

Related image

• MrsC2017MrsC2017 Posts: 192 New bride

Ah going against popular opinion, the first has the edge for me.  What is your dress/veil like, and your overall style on the day?  I'd say the first is slightly more formal and neat, whereas the second has a slightly more rustic look to it.  

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

could you not merge the bits you like of each together? So have a braid above the low bun instead of the twists? 

That's my next plan I think  Luckily the person doing my hair is my usual hairdresser so I'm going to ask her about merging them on my next appointment.

Just seen the photo you posted... I don't think I have enough hair for that haha!

• I can see why you are having trouble deciding between the two! Both are gorgeous. I have a slight preference for the second one because I think it gives you a nicer profile. But honestly I don’t think you will go wrong with either one! 

• MissGx wrote (see post):

could you not merge the bits you like of each together? So have a braid above the low bun instead of the twists? 

That's my next plan I think  Luckily the person doing my hair is my usual hairdresser so I'm going to ask her about merging them on my next appointment.

Just seen the photo you posted... I don't think I have enough hair for that haha!

Yer i thought that, it is a lot fuller than i was looking for but you get the idea...As long as youve got enough for the braid they can pad the bun and just cover it with whatever hair you have left! 

MrsC2017 wrote (see post):

Ah going against popular opinion, the first has the edge for me.  What is your dress/veil like, and your overall style on the day?  I'd say the first is slightly more formal and neat, whereas the second has a slightly more rustic look to it.  

Ahh, my instinct on the day was the first but looking back at photos I think I prefer the messier second one. I know what you mean about them being different styles. I don't plan to wear a veil and my dress looks like this...

MissGx wrote (see post):

Yer i thought that, it is a lot fuller than i was looking for but you get the idea...As long as youve got enough for the braid they can pad the bun and just cover it with whatever hair you have left! 

Definitely get the idea thank you, I've coped the photo to show my hairdresser :) Thanks!

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235

Both lovely but I prefer the second :)

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I was going to ask to see your dress as I think the styles are sort of similar but the first option would suit a more traditional dress, and the 2nd might suit a more floaty/boho/unique style dress. I would say yours fits into the more traditional style (gorgeous - and I prefer dresses on real women than on models, you look lovely - even if from the back)....so go for the first. They are both gorgeous though so you cant loose. I was also torn between two and agree that the one persons opinion you want is the one person you cant (choose not to) tell! I ended up not deciding until on the day and wish I had chosen before as it felt a little uncertain picking it that morning.... don't do that!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I prefer the second, both are lovely styles, but I feel like the second one looks like it’s been constructed better if you know what I mean?

I also think a braided style looks better with flowers than something smooth and sleek

• They are both lovely and quite similar so I honestly would not worry too much about choosing  between them! Having said that I prefer the 1st as I think it's really classy and looks lovely with your dress! 

• I also like the first style better, although they are both lovely! I think the first one will go beautifully with the style of your dress, as Jenni8 has said.

• Alex52Alex52 Posts: 164

I prefer the first with your dress, but both are lovely

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 580 New bride

Hmm I orefer the style of the first but the symmetry of the second! I agree with what someone said about it looking more constructed

Thank you so much everyone for all your replies, I completely agree with the two styles being different in terms of the first being more sleek and classy and the second being a bit more boho. Problem is even though I still can't decide, I feel the first goes better with the dress but I slightly prefer the second - and I don't want to choose one that doesn't really go with my dress
    I can't help but feel the first style is a bit more of a mature style (I'm 31)

Jenni8 - Thanks for the advice, I was going to wait till the morning but I've decided that's probably not the best idea. I read your report - your hair looked stunning! I wish I had more hair so that I could get the volume you had!

MrsJ2017 - I never even thought about the whole flower thing till you said it, but I totally agree, that flowers would look better in the second style :) Although I'm totally not sure how I'd arrange them. Agree with the construction comment too, I feel the second just has that something extra.

FutureMrsTomlin, Nottinghamshirebride, Alex52 - Thank you all :)

Ambam19 - I feel the same, starting to wish I didn't have a choice haha!

Ahhhhh how to decide???