Makeup for a smaller nose

Makeup savvy ladies! 

I've been messing on with makeup tonight, getting some early practice in, and was wondering if yous have any tips/techniques for making your nose look smaller?

I have pretty dainty features in general, but inherited my Dad's nose which is rather on the big side when placed on my face haha! 

Any advice appreciated, pictures would be extra helpful! X

Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread

• There's lots of YouTube videos on contouring your nose 😊 I watch YT all the time and have learned so much from practicing and trying things I wouldn't usually! Although it can make your makeup addiction worse 🙊

• MrsS2019MrsS2019 Posts: 137 New bride

Contouring is your best option, contour the length of each side of your nose to make it appear thinner, then contour right at the end of the nose, pretty much where your nose turns onwards to your face to make it appear shorter as well. But use products designed for contouring as bronze whilst it works has more orange undertones and contouring is more of a greyish undertone 

• FutureMrsR19 wrote (see post):

There's lots of YouTube videos on contouring your nose 😊 I watch YT all the time and have learned so much from practicing and trying things I wouldn't usually! Although it can make your makeup addiction worse 🙊

Hahaha YouTube is actually how I ended up messing with makeup tonight, I stumbled on bride makeup tutorials 😂🙈 didnt think to look up specifics on there! Haha no such thing as too much of a makeup addiction! 😉 X

Remember, when stressed, simply channel your inner Bridechilla: Take a sand bath, munch some veggies, then chew on a wooden stick... wait... no... that's a Chinchilla... 

My planning thread
  • MrsS2019 wrote (see post):

Contouring is your best option, contour the length of each side of your nose to make it appear thinner, then contour right at the end of the nose, pretty much where your nose turns onwards to your face to make it appear shorter as well. But use products designed for contouring as bronze whilst it works has more orange undertones and contouring is more of a greyish undertone 

Aaaaah that explains it! I did actually try contouring but I used bronze and just ended up with what looked like a carrot conk! 😂😂😂 Not really the subtle classic look I was going for! I'll have a look for some more products! X

My planning thread
  • Also as well as pp said about where to add your shade - use a good highlighter! Just a dab on the tip of your nose is subtle or add a bit down the bridge of your nose too but not connecting it to the tip to give an upturned appearance and looks slimmer by highlighting a narrow line down the centre.

It seems obvious but the basic principles of contouring are apply dark where you want to push back and highlighter where you want to bring forward :)