Getting work done

Hello!

Any brides out there thinking of having any work done before the big day?

I'm a bit too scared to go under the knife but my current wish list includes, lip fillers, nose reshape (done with fillers), tear trough fillers and botox to raise my eyebrows. 

I'm still 8 months out from the big day so have a few months to think and save. 

Whats on your cosmetic wish list? Or am I just being barmy? xx

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I already have Botox, lip filler and will be getting a top up of my permanent eyebrows in the autumn ahead of my May 2019 wedding. I’ll have my Botox and filler done probably 6-8 weeks before the wedding. I’ve been debating having filler in my cheeks (the lines from nose to mouth) but want to see the effects of my intended weightloss before I decure on that. It sounds a lot but I actually dont look at all plastic and most people say I don’t look as though I have anything done - I‘m 27 though so I think it helps because I’ve started now very subtly and its more preventative than a huge change down the line. my friend has also had fat freezing done and i’d Be tempted by that to smooth over some stubborn lumps closer to the day!

I think Botox is wonderful - my face looks fresher, younger, my makeup goes on like a dream and doesn’t sit in any tiny lines and if you go to a reputable practitioner you won’t get that big shiny forehead frozen look that is a dead giveaway and also not particularly flattering. I still have a little movement in my eyebrows so that I can make expressions too.

I‘M not having anything I don’t usually have done though and wouldn’t try something for the first time just before the day in case I didn’t like results - Botox and fillers I’d give a try around eight months to a year beforehand so there is time for them to wear off in case you dont like the results. 

• Bebe2Bebe2 Posts: 61 New bride
    Ashley72 wrote (see post):

I already have Botox, lip filler and will be getting a top up of my permanent eyebrows in the autumn ahead of my May 2019 wedding. I’ll have my Botox and filler done probably 6-8 weeks before the wedding. I’ve been debating having filler in my cheeks (the lines from nose to mouth) but want to see the effects of my intended weightloss before I decure on that. It sounds a lot but I actually dont look at all plastic and most people say I don’t look as though I have anything done - I‘m 27 though so I think it helps because I’ve started now very subtly and its more preventative than a huge change down the line. my friend has also had fat freezing done and i’d Be tempted by that to smooth over some stubborn lumps closer to the day!

I think Botox is wonderful - my face looks fresher, younger, my makeup goes on like a dream and doesn’t sit in any tiny lines and if you go to a reputable practitioner you won’t get that big shiny forehead frozen look that is a dead giveaway and also not particularly flattering. I still have a little movement in my eyebrows so that I can make expressions too.

I‘M not having anything I don’t usually have done though and wouldn’t try something for the first time just before the day in case I didn’t like results - Botox and fillers I’d give a try around eight months to a year beforehand so there is time for them to wear off in case you dont like the results. 

That's a good idea! Maybe I should get the treatments done soonish so I can see whether I like the look in case I hate it and am stuck with it on the day! 

I think cheek filler looks gorgeous when done properly. Where abouts are you based, are there any clinics you would reccomend? X 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Bebe2 wrote (see post):

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

That's a good idea! Maybe I should get the treatments done soonish so I can see whether I like the look in case I hate it and am stuck with it on the day! 

I think cheek filler looks gorgeous when done properly. Where abouts are you based, are there any clinics you would reccomend? X 

I’m in London - I go to a lady who practices under the name Dermavue for Botox (she’s a GP - based in Wanstead and Hackney) and for filler I go to Flawless Cosmetic - they practice all over the country and are on Instagram, they have a lot of photos of bigger lips and drastic changes but I’ve only ever had 0.5ml at a time and the results are lovely and natural.