Hair dilemma

Hi

I'm new here and this is my first post! 

So, I'm an older bride (47!) and I don't have a lot of confidence in how I look.  My fiance and I are getting married in a registry office and I still don't know how to do my hair!  I have had trials and would definitely like my hair half up, half down, but I don't know whether to have it straight or curly!

I always have my hair down and straightened so people have said to have it curly, but it just isn't me! What do brides normally do? Do they do something different for the day, or stick to what they feel comfy in? My hairdresser did a trial with a cute platt and curls and its lovely but just isn't me so now I'm thinking of having it straight! My hair is also shoulder length and would look that much longer when it was straightened!

I just don't know what to do! I want to feel confident on the day and I'm so nervous about being the centre of attention so I do want my hair to be right.  I have my make up sorted out but its my hair that is bothering me!

• Kitty12Kitty12 Posts: 119 New bride

My hair is shoulder length and straight, and I only ever wear it either down or in a half and half ponytail. On my day, I had a half and half, but the top ponytail was twisted into a little knot, and I had a little twisted section on one side and a sparkly clip in the other. It was something that felt special, but it was a variant of my normal style, so I still felt like me.

My hair absolutely refuses to hold a curl, so we didn’t even attempt that!

Im sure you’ll look beautiful with it straight or curly, once all the makeup and jewellery is on too you’ll feel gorgeous:-) 

• Barbie3Barbie3 Posts: 340 New bride

i think if curls aren't u then stick with straight - the most important thing is that your feeling good on the day, and that won't happen if your uncomfortable.

i don't understand brides who want to look different on their weddings anyway.  My hubby to be loves me the way I am, so I'm not going to change that on the biggest day of our lives together.

(just my opinion of course - I'm not criticizing anyone or making anyone feel bad about their own choices....)

• Def do whatever feels the most "you." If you want to branch out and try something different, go for it. If you like to stick with the tried and true, that's ok too.  There's nothing wrong with either approach, whichever makes you feel more beautiful.

Do take into consideration whether the environment and your hair type. If your hair tends to frizz under certain circumstances, make sure you've thought that through - or as Kitty12 mentioned, her hair refuses to hold a curl. My hair tends to "pouff" when it's especially humid, so if I were marrying in the heat and humidity months, wearing it down would be an absolute no-no!

• PJ62PJ62 Posts: 16

Thank you so much for your lovely replies.  I do feel more relaxed already knowing that I am correct in doing what is right for me! Its my day and I need to be comfortable and happy! 

• Ambam19Ambam19 Posts: 580 New bride

I also agree with doing what is right for you. I have pictures of events where I’ve tried a new look but when I look back I dont recognise myself so I 100% want to make sure that whatever I do is right for the wedding x