Makeup through the day

I had my hair and makeup trial today and I'm really happy with it 😊

When I asked her about the lipstick she said she could tell me what she used and I could get the same to apply throughout the day, I could add some lip gloss on top or could just leave it. What are you all doing?

Also if you're applying lipstick how will you apply it?

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I'm planning on buying my own version of the lipstick (likely a colour I'll wear again anyway as I want to go for a neutral) and keeping it with me. I might also get a similar coloured gloss as my lips tend to go dry if nervous which I imagine I might be at points!

I plan on giving my Mum or a bridesmaid a little pouch with a few bits of makeup in. I'll then leave it on my table during the reception probably.

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I have got my own lipstick, liner and gloss. The make up artist will apply the lipstick etc. and I’m going to top up once after dinner then just with gloss. In reality I may not bother! 

Your plan sounds good to me! 

• MrsMcSMrsMcS Posts: 235

I've bought the lipstick we agreed on at my trial. I've got a personalised Mrs McSmith clutch bag for the evening so it will go in there 😁

I do like the idea of using a gloss on top as I find lipstick quite dry. Can anyone recommend a good one? 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971
    MrsMcS wrote (see post):

I've bought the lipstick we agreed on at my trial. I've got a personalised Mrs McSmith clutch bag for the evening so it will go in there 😁

I do like the idea of using a gloss on top as I find lipstick quite dry. Can anyone recommend a good one? 

I got the Charlotte tilbury one. I liked the fact it was a gloss but not sticky! 

• Leigh83Leigh83 Posts: 112 New bride

Ooh, some good ideas here! I might get both as you all say.

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,107 New bride

Watching this with interest as I'm always looking for make up suggestions!

So I had some fabulous ideas about topping up my make up throughout the day during my first wedding but in reality I was having far too much fun to worry about doing my lippy! Honestly I didn't do a thing, I was loving the wedding too much 

• Blush2018Blush2018 Posts: 380 New bride

I’ve got some Matt lip paint, but I find it starts to crack in the natural lines of my lips. I think I may need to add gloss on top to stop that happening?

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,770 New bride

Had a make up trial today for a wedding I'm bridesmaid at. I took my own favourite lipstick and asked the MUA to use that, will do the same on the day. I don't like gloss personally.