Forum home Hair & make-up

9am MakeUp

Hey ladies, I am having my make up done at 9am for a 2:30 wedding.

Does this sound right? Its just me having make up.

Im just worried it will wear off! 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Hmm as its just you that does sound quite early, How long (if any) is the journey to the ceremony? Also are you having your hair done as well? if so when is this booked for?

• Julia101Julia101 Posts: 162 New bride

Hmm, that does sound early, I'm getting married at 2pm and the MUA isn't coming till 10 but that's to do three of us and fit around hair..  does she have another wedding that day? 

• Bella22Bella22 Posts: 9 New bride

The venue is only round the corner, prob no more than a 5 minute drive. Hairdresser is coming at 10:30 but i'll be the 3rd out of 4 to be done.

I dont mind i just dont want it wearing off! 

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

I would just check with your MUA if there is a reason she’s doing it so early? If there is no particular reason then definitely ask for it to be pushed back. Apparently wedding makeup is meant to last all day but if I had it done that early I’d be so conscious of it the rest of the morning and it would make it harder to eat and drink. 

• Nikki-93Nikki-93 Posts: 171

Im getting married at 12 and my make-up artist said ahe probably wouldn’t so mine until half 10

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride

It sounds a bit early. I'm getting married at 2 and will be having my make up done around 11-12  I think.

• Amanda198Amanda198 Posts: 152 New bride

Sounds slightly early, our ceremony is 2.30 and makeup lady is coming for 10 and thats to do 4 of us. It should last, as already mentioned, I think  i would be conscious eating and drinking.xx

• kitty-kitty- Posts: 121 New bride

I’m having my make up done at 9:30 but I am getting married at 12:00pm! I think it’s early. I’d ask them to push it back! 

• Hi

It’s does sound abit to early depending on the makeup she’s using. 

i am a professional makeup artist based based in London and also travel UK. 

if you are still looking you can contact me and I can send of my portfolio. 

[email protected] 

Kind regards 

Yasmin Beg