Desperate for certain make-up artist, but only available early in the day!

I stupidly decided early on I was going to do my own make-up for my wedding, so turned down this amazing make-up artist, who is now booked on the day of my wedding!

She said she could still make the time do my makeup, but it would have to be early at 8:30am, and then earlier for any bridesmaids (I have 3). My wedding ceremony is at 2pm, and i'm also having someone do all of our hair.

Is 8:30am too early to do make-up, as i'm assuming the hairdresser would have to come even earlier to do that prior to makeup?

I'm so annoyed with myself that I said no to her originally, as I now can't find anyone else who does makeup as nice (and reasonably priced) as her!

• When it was my sisters wedding, we started hair and make up at 7am - makeup for 3 adults inc bride, hair for 3 adults inc bride plus 3 girls.  This was for a 12:00 ceremony, timings worked fine, no rushing about.  The make up stayed on great, as did the hair, my make up was still in tact the following morning.

If she's your number one choice, I'd say go for it, just as long as you're not doing to be running around setting up etc after the make up has been done.

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

My hair and make up artist has myself and 2 bms to do hair and make up for. My service is 2.30 and she's starting at 10am if that helps. I wouldn't want to be starting that early but it's up to you 

• info 50info 50 Posts: 7 New bride
    its not to early if they are a good makeup artist then they will be able to make your makeup last you all day and all night I airbrush my brides so there makeup tends to go longer than they do, and wake up the next morning still with a flawless face.

If you like them then book them go for it.
    Heather Card Makeup Artistry
    www.heathercard-makeup.co.uk