Bobbi Brown

I've recently switched to Bobbi Brown foundation and primer and am really impressed with it. This made me want to book a Bobbi Brown bridal lesson for £50 which can be redeemed against products. However, before committing I booked a 30 minute "How to Look Less Tired" free makeover to see how it went. 

Now, I know it was free but the makeup artist told me she would just be doing under eye correction and concealing which was not the full face advertised online. She also only spent 10 minutes with me! Not only that but my under eye area didn't look much different after...

Has anyone else been disappointed by a Bobbi Brown makeover? And does it really just depend who you get? 

• wedscotwedscot Posts: 40 New bride
    I haven't tried the make overs but I have ordered lots of bobbi brown make-up following you tube vids on bridal make-up DIYs - hunters and heels is a particularly good one as she works for BB. From visiting their website to buy items I think they have recently re-vamped their offer on make overs. I think they use to do the bridal ones for free but now charge for them and have a slimmed down offer for what they do for free. You can sort of understand their point of view, as I would guess they lost a lot of unpaid time doing lots for free.
    Our planning thread here
  • charhill85charhill85 Posts: 4 New bride
    wedscot said:
    I haven't tried the make overs but I have ordered lots of bobbi brown make-up following you tube vids on bridal make-up DIYs - hunters and heels is a particularly good one as she works for BB. From visiting their website to buy items I think they have recently re-vamped their offer on make overs. I think they use to do the bridal ones for free but now charge for them and have a slimmed down offer for what they do for free. You can sort of understand their point of view, as I would guess they lost a lot of unpaid time doing lots for free.
    Oh I might look up Hunters and Heels - thanks! I think I might be better off just watching reviews and tutorials. Saves any awkward disappointment!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 830 New bride
    I had a bit of a make over for free when my friend got married last year. She had the bridal one and ended up buying almost everything really, but i just had a eyes and lips thing done and honestly it was awful. It was at the Cambridge John Lewis and the woman didn't listen to a thing i said, and her idea of natural left me with GOLD GLITTER eyelids. I had to find somewhere to take it off afterwards i was so uncomfortable. 

It might be worth paying for a general lesson with a local make up artist, i know a few who do 1-2-1 and at least then you have their full attention and can go back and forth on bits without it being as awkward. I don't imagine it' be too much more than the Bobby Brown lesson!