Acne Scars

Any of you know a good way to fade out acne scars? I'm already taking antibiotics and creams to keep the spots out, but have terrible scarring which I'd like to try to fade.

Is Microdermabrasion a good idea for black skins? I've also posted in the Caribbean section, but no-one replied...

TIA:\)

• badoo1982badoo1982 Posts: 421
    Hey catlover, I have the same problem I am also on antobiotics and this awful cream at night that makes your face go numb. Have you tried Bio-Oil it is really good for scars, stretch marks anything red really just apply a bit to the area, you have to do it quiet regullary but it will fade. Also I always use a colourcorrector under my make up its green in colour but you cant see it once you have rubbed it in and it takes the angrierness out of the spots

let me know how you get on xxx
  • catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149
    Thanks rachb! I did hear about Bio-Oil, but didn't know of anyone who's tried it. Have you?

And is the awful cream Differin? x
  • badoo1982badoo1982 Posts: 421
    Hey yeah I have used Bio-oil and it does work but you have to stick with it, a friend of mine had an operation on her arm (twice in the same place) and was left with an all mighty scar and she used it twice a day and it has definatley faded.

Yeah the awful cream is Differin, and I dont think it is working(not thatI do it religously though coz i am a bit slack), how do you find it ? I have tried all sort of potions lotion and pills from the doctors and I am getting a bit annoyed that I still have spots at nearly 26xx
  • Hi catlover64, I have the same problem as i have significant acne scarring on my cheeks. I have a home microdermabrasion kit that i use at home and it has made such a difference. I use it twice a week in the morning and it has made a difference to the texure of my cheeks. It does not matter the type of skin you have as all it does is take the top layer of skin off and therefore can be used on Black, african american, carribbean, white etc, where some lasers cant. I would try microdemabrasion at home as it is cheaper, im sure its loreal that does it, also used Bio -oil to help fade it. On the day make sure you get your make -up air brushed on as it covers scars better.

In addition, try a product called Keramask, it is a camoflage cream which covers acne scars, burst vein, tattoo's birth marks etc and even evens out problems with pigmentation. It comes in different colours and can be mixed to match anyones skin colour perfectly, it last almost all day, is waterproof and can be worn under make up, i would swear by it.

Hope this helps
  • Hi, I'm 34 and getting married in June. I have scarring mostly on my gin where I still get grief and angry spots - boo how can you still get spots at 34!! I've got a facial tomorrow, I thought I'd try a course and see how I get on. Will also try some suggestions from you girls too. I've got nasty scar on my elbow where I slide on ice in Nov so def worth a try!
  • Hi, I'm 34 and getting married in June. I have scarring mostly on my gin where I still get grief and angry spots - boo how can you still get spots at 34!! I've got a facial tomorrow, I thought I'd try a course and see how I get on. Will also try some suggestions from you girls too. I've got nasty scar on my elbow where I slide on ice in Nov so def worth a try!
  • catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149
    Thank you so much for all your replies - I really appreciate it! I've got the Differin which I've been using for a while. The other half reckons the scarring's faded a little, but I'm not so sure. I'll do anything to try and fade the scars so I don't look so bad.

I'm definitely going to try the microdermabrasion kit - I've seen one on Boots online which isn't too expensive.

louisek - don't sweat it! I still get spots and I'm 44 next month! I never got spots until I was 40....
  • KatharynKatharyn Posts: 17

I also had a problem with acne scars before I got married, but luckily got rid of them in time for my big day. There are people on whom Bio Oil has no effect, and I've been unfortunate to be one of them. Try All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream. It worked for me and it worked quickly. Yes, microdermabrasion is okay even for black skin. Microdermabrasion is simply like a bit of skin peeling, and it doesn't matter what color the skin is.