Anyone NOT fake-tanning...?

I'm a bit on the pale side and have avoided the sun like the plague since a painful burning incident when I was little. The one time I did tan, rather than just going scarlet and peeling, it just looked really weird, like I hadn't washed. I'm definitely sticking to pale-and-interesting for my wedding - it suits me a lot better (and apparently it's going to be terribly fashionable this summer, although I read that every year and it never actually happens).

Am I the only one? With all this talk of sunbeds and St Tropez, I'm starting to feel like a bit of a freak...!!

• lausiepooslausiepoos Posts: 148
    You're not alone! I'm a wrinkle-phobic and so never sunbathe. In fact, I rarely go in the sun at all! As everyone knows that I hate the sun, it would be soooo obvious if I had a fake tan on the wedding day. I want to look like me on my wedding day, not a fake version! Let the pale and interesting crowd stick together!
  • cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    I usually fake it but am scared of it "leaking" onto my dress which can happen on paler clothes so am biting my lip and am having sun bed sessions - only a few! have been lectured from colleagues and not something I usually do or advocate! Please tell me what a naughty girl I am and I will not do it again after I am wed! I am also pale, fair haired and blue eyed and take forever to tan but my corn beef legs will scare people if I leave them!
  • EllyukEllyuk Posts: 293
    I'm staying "pale and interesting" too, just making sure my skin will be lovely and soft and in great condition.
  • benna_harperbenna_harper Posts: 503
    As my wedding is October I am hoping I might have some summer glow remaining and will only resort to fake tan if I find myself with strapmarks or paler patches. I've never used proper fake tan (only Johnsons holiday skin!) so I'd not really want to do it for the first time for my wedding day. But like cheryl I might consider a couple of VERY SHORT sunbed sessions. Naughty naughty!
  • JoyukJoyuk Posts: 51
    Im like you cherly. absoultely terrified of fake tan rubbing off onto my dress and also looking very streaky and orange! so im also opting for sunbed sessions, luckily i tan very easy so i may not need many, some of my friends have told me off too, but my dress is gold and will look so much better agaist sunkissed skin so i will suffer the consequences just to have fabulous looking skin on my special day image
  • CherrymaiCherrymai Posts: 185
    I also hate the sun and remain pale throughout the year. But I got a free fake tan with my bra I bought the other day and I don't know whether to give it a go or not!? I might just go for moisturising and not worry about looking pale!
  • lisa573lisa573 Posts: 63
    Me to i have really pale skin but i've chosen a dress with a hint of colour to offset that rather than going down the tanning route. I'm thinking that pale and interesting is a better look than some i've tried with fake tan! and i just don't go brown inthe sun either nithing happens or i go red and blotchy! i was contemplating faking it but i went for a st tropez trial run and i came out rather orange with patches of dark and light colour!