individual lashes

Hi I am a long time lurker, first time poster and after a bit of advice.

I am thinking of using individual lashes for the big day, but don't really know where to start. i know that there are a few post on here about them but I am still confused.

I was looking at some eyelure ones in boots, but I got the impression that you wear these on their own without mascara. Is this true?? And they last 3 -4 weeks! Or do you apply the lashes and then add mascara?

All I want to do is add a few false lashes on top of my normal mascara made up eyes just to give them a bit more oomph! I have used strip lashes in the past and seem to remember putting them on top of mascara. Is this at all possible with individual lashes?

Or should I be thinking more along the lines of getting my eyelashes tinted and then adding a few falsies?? I have quite pale lashes naturally (I have auburn hair) but have always worn black mascara and lots of it!! So I would like to stick with using mascara on the big day but don't really want to full falsies look, but just a few on the outer corners.

Many thanks

• I use both strip and individual lashes on my brides because they do really help to open up the eyes and look great in photos. If you just want the individual ones, buy the pack you can get in Boots where you get a row each of short, medium and long individual lashes. Curl your lashes first, apply a couple of coats of mascara and then just glue a few to the outer corners. It might take a bit of practice but you'll soon get the hang of it. They will only last a couple of days though, they rarely stay on for longer than that unless you're quite heavy handed with the glue. Hope that helps a bit.
  • Many thanks for the help it is slowely becoming clearer.

Just another quicky.....

Do I use the glue in the packets or glue from the stip lash packets (I presume the glue is different as the only in the individual lashes is meant to last 3-4 weeks). Also do I apply the eyelashes to my own lashes or to my eyelid?

Many thanks again.
  • why dont you try getting your eyelashes permed. I had mine done for a holiday once lasted about 6 weeks. less hassle.