Curling my hair

I have longish hair ( jusy below my shoulders) which is striaght. Usually I just run my GHDs through it to tidy it up. However, for my wedding day i would like to wear it loose with curls. Can anyone recommend some good curling irons as I want to see if i can do it myself.

• You can use your GHDs to curl your hair. I'm gonna do this on my wedding day but I think I need a hairdresser to do it coz I'm cack handed lol
  • emmaxyzemmaxyz Posts: 355
    I tried that and it looked terrible
  • Have you tried doing it with your GHDs? I do mine with them, if you hold them kinda upside down and pull down your hair slowly, keep turning them but really slowly and they curl! My hair is really straight, they're the only thing that work for me. I think it only works with the newer ones because they have a curved edge, but give it a go, don't know if the GHD website has any demos on??

• ive got long think hair and use andrew collinge total curls, its like £20 from tesco and really good. curls last for ages!
  • MESHERMESHER Posts: 146
    Hi Emma,

I curl my hair all the time, but I find curling irons dont keep the curls all day so I bought some of the sponge rollers from boots and put them in the night before and the curls are fab and last all day! Def worth a try! x
  • Ive tried my ghd's but cant do it. I bought some andrew collinge curling tongs from boots only about £17 and they are great, heat up pretty quick and curl well. ive been told to use setting lotion supposed to be really good and helps keep ypur curls in.
  • When i have used bendy rollers in my daughters hair i have found it really difficult to get right to the root and getting the ends in neatly.
  • rachaelafryrachaelafry Posts: 4,271
    I have posted my pics on here (rachaelafry) and it was done using GHD's, they are super when you know how to use them as curlers and the MK4 are best as they are curved round the edge for curling better xx
  • AEJAEJAEJAEJ Posts: 898
    Hi girls, if you search you tube there are lots of videos of girls curling using ghds. If you get the technique right its one of the best methods of curling.

Next to that I still swear by rags. Just get an old pillowcase and rip it into long pieces, then literally wrap a length of damp hair in each, roll up to root and tie in a knot. Gives the best tousled effect and costs feck all
  • AmandasaAmandasa Posts: 219
    If you look on the GHD website or as MJ'sWTB said youtube there are videos, there is a knack to it but once you've got it it is a great way of curling the hair. Make sure you spray each section with hair spray too. A good one I use if I runout of the one from my wholesaler is Ellnett

Amandax
  • GHD's are great for curling hair, they make loose waves as apposed to 80's style curls & take the frizz out of hair at the same time
  • GHD's are great for curling hair, they make loose waves as apposed to 80's style curls & take the frizz out of hair at the same time