Hotel Playa Pesquero, Cuba

LouMcLouMc Posts: 297
Has anyone stayed here? i'm slightly concerned at how many negative reviews i can find for it and i'm now starting to panic as this is where we've booked for our honeymoon! If anyone can give me an honest (preferably positive,lol!) opnion on how they got on here for their honeymoon that would be fantastic,thanks!

• Hi

I havent been here but im getting married here oct 09. i have been to cuba before though, when i went for the first time i checked out all there reviews on trip advisor and they were mixed reviews. i dont bother with them anymore when i go to cuba. It a country you need to go with an open mind you certainly wont be dissappointed. Also bare in mind any reviews that have gone on over the last couple of months would be affected by hurricane ike that hit that part of the country.

As is said before you will have a fantastic time and i cant wait to get married there next year.

Hope this helps.

xx
  • cathsummerscathsummers Posts: 1,090
    we are going to cuba for our honeymoon next year - can't remember the place of the name we are staying but it had good reviews - i wouldnt worry about the bad reviews though - some people just have too much time on there hand and if it was really that bad - there wouldnt be good reviews image X
  • Hi

Had to post a reply...

I went to this hotel about 3 years ago and it has to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Its fabulous.

Only negative that I remember is that its a huge complex. However they have little trains ferrying people about.

The food was excellent. Lots of different restaurants and bars. The beach was fabulous. Fabulous little shops and markets through the week.

I cant say enough good things.

If you have any questions just email me. Would be happy to help.

Emma

Ps This hotel has to be good as its owned by Fidel Castro. He was known to show up at weekends.