help needed for hotels in Orlando and Cancun..

Hi all, would be very greatful for any advice on where to stay in Orlando and Cancun. plan on 2 weeks Orlando followed by a week all inclusive in Cancun.

Travel agents have suggested the following:

Cancun:

The New Gran Caribe Real or Dreams or Hotetur Beach paradise

Orlando:

Doubletree Universal or The Crowne Plaza Universal

Thanks in advance for any advice.. wedding 24 Apr 09 so would like to book honeymoon soon.

• ladybradyukladybradyuk Posts: 2,002
    Hello

Can't help with Orlando but we are going to the dreams resort in Cancun for our honeymoon. It is our 2nd trip to Cancun but will be our 1st stay in the dreams. Cancun is full of amazxing hotel but dreams swung it for us as it looks like an amazing hotel which is right in the heart of shopping, bars etc whereas others are further out and for me are too far away form the action. Plus dreams has its own dolphin lagoon! Looks fantastic!
  • Quoted:
    Hi all, would be very greatful for any advice on where to stay in Orlando and Cancun. plan on 2 weeks Orlando followed by a week all inclusive in Cancun.

Travel agents have suggested the following:

Cancun:

The New Gran Caribe Real or Dreams or Hotetur Beach paradise

Orlando:

Doubletree Universal or The Crowne Plaza Universal

Thanks in advance for any advice.. wedding 24 Apr 09 so would like to book honeymoon soon.

Hi havent been to either places but did a bit of research as before we decided to get married in Florida i had my heart set on getting married in Dreams in Cancun, It is a gorgeous hotel, the food is supposed to be outstanding and its in a great location, I really wanted to have a room overlooking the dolphins. It really looks lovely. As for Orlando, we have booked our wedding reception and are staying in the honeymoon suite in the Crowne Plaza Universal. At the time of booking the Crowne Plaza Universal was the #1 hotel in Orlando on Trip Advisor. Hope this helps.

Caz x
  • lvp83lvp83 Posts: 820
    hello

sorry i can't help with mexico, but ive been to orlando many times and got married there in july.

Hotels i would recommend would be the Omni Resort (i got married here and only stayed one night, but it was an amazing hotel) and then others would be any of the disney hotels, my particular favourite being disney's Boardwalk Hotel and Villas, its so gorgeous. it is set around a lake with a couple of shops, restaurant, bakery etc, you can even see the fireworks from EPCOT each night here. Or for even more luxury there is Disney's Grand Floridian or disney's Polynesian.

Good luck with choosing there are so many wonderful places

xxx
  • Rath07Rath07 Posts: 124
    Thanks everyone for the replies..thinking of the crowne plaza orlando now but still not sure of mexico..so many lovely all inclusive resorts to choose from..