Forum home Honeymoons

Virgin - Strike

Is anyone else worried about Virgin and the strike action they are threatening?

• MrsSaranneMrsSaranne Posts: 448
    Initially I thought this thread would be about something else!! image

But I would check with the airline and airport before you travel. If there are issues they should offer you an alternative.
  • SheraleighdSheraleighd Posts: 1,336
    Hi chicky!

I'm a Virgin Atlantic flight attendant...

If there's any news on our flight crew striking i'll be one of the first to know as i'll be stuck somewhere so i'll keep u posted.

When is your honeymoon and where too? ; )

• We're flying to Vegas on the 8th August.

Then going onto Hawaii after that, but that's a different Internal airline

It's all booked through Thomas Cook Signature so hopefully they'll arrange something else for us.
    you'll be grand

xXx
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    I am really worried, flying to LAX on the 18th July and I feel sick with worry that our flight will be cancelled image I just wish we knew something other than a further announcement will be made on the 1st July
  • Is that the latest news then SarahMor84?

I heard somewhere that they ten do try and keep the long haul ones going and end up cancelling shorter ones so hopefully that works in our favour.
    x
  • SarahMor84SarahMor84 Posts: 1,493
    I think the main routes with a few lights a day they may cancel some and transfer those passengers on to other flights. My OH seid that LAX is a flagship route so they would be *hopefully* likely to do this on that route.

By the 8th Aug I think in the unlikely event they are still striking they would have a pretty good contingency plan in place so you should be ok.
  • Has there been any more news on this image
  • MrsSargentMrsSargent Posts: 212
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14071650

Looks like they've lifted the threat of strike action.

Thank god! I've never flown Virgin before, and yet am flying with them for Honeymoon and to NY in October this year!
  • july2011july2011 Posts: 817
    Yep, no strike happening, yaaaay!
  • Yay!!! Can relax about that then image