Honeymoon - Holguin Paradisus rio de oro

Hi,

I have booked my honeymoon for here for October and was wondering if anyone has stayed here in recent months as have read some reviews on Trip Advisor and they havent been very good x

• Is this cuba? If so I have been, but not recently, a few yrs back. It was lovely though, went early october image
  • Just had a very brief skim through the reviews and TBH there's nothing that would concern me personally.

We stayed at the sister resort (Sol Rio Luna y Mares) last year for 6 nights and enjoyed it. I did a site inspection/tour of the Paradisus and it looked very nice; you can also use the restuarants at the Sol Rio. We found the food excellent at the Sol Rio althoguh my parents thought it was better the previous year; turns out their food manager had moved to the Paradisus lol.

When reading reviews ignore very short or general ones, and look for issues that are common, including in positive reviews. Remember that 5* in Cuba is not the same as 5* elsewhere (we find it a step down from Mexico for example), and you will be very happy. The rooms at the Paradisus were very nice, and if the food was similar to that at the Sol Rio, you won't be disappointed image

HTH
  • Hi,

I was married at the Paradisus rio de oro in 2007, I used 'you and your wedding' website then, and now and again pop on to see if I can help anyone out as it was so very helpful to have other brides rather than brides to be on here for me. Id be happy to answer any questions for you x image
  • Hi Hayley,

I went here in April for my honeymoon, and 100% honest, you will have an AMAZING time!! We went with very high expectations (my husband has previously stayed at Sandals resorts across the Carribean), and the resort far exceeded itself!! Better that we could have imagined!! The resort is just gorgeous, beach, absolutely beautiful and every detail is thought of! The staff, maids, everyone want nothing more than for you to have the best holiday. You also get a complimentary honeymooners dinner at the beach restaurant, which was the best, so romantic, a nice band (the type that play musical instruments with their voices image ) come and sing the evening away, perfect as you watch the sunset. There is so much to do, should you want to, would def recommend the horse riding along the beach, through the water. My husband has real phobias around food (OCD with chicken and germs! image ) and he absolutely loved the food, even described it as 'out of this world' I have never tasted food like it! Honest chick, you will have the most amazing honeymoon, so please do not worry! Get excited, look forward to it, as it will be the best holiday of your life!! Very Very jealous.......i'd go back every year if i could!!! image Enjoy! and best of luck with the Big Day! xxx
  • Thanks ladies for your replies, feeling much more positive about going now.

only 36 days and counting!! lol

xx
  • EMKETEMKET Posts: 133
    we went for our friends wedding in February and it was brilliant - clean, friendly people, good food - I would go back! x
  • EMKETEMKET Posts: 133
    we went for our friends wedding in February and it was brilliant - clean, friendly people, good food - I would go back! x