East Coast of Australia Honeymoon

MegsMegs Posts: 547

After months and months of searching for a suitable honeymoon destination for us both we have finally decided on the East Coast of Aus. We will be spending 2 nights in Singapore before flying onto Cairns, spending 4 nights there then backpacking down to Brisbane for a flight to Sydney for another couple of nights taking 4 weeks in total. Does anyone have any recommendations of places we should defo visit? xx

• I have travelled the East Coast and would definitely recommend the doing a boat trip around the Whitsundays. We stayed on a small boat for 3 nights and it was amazing, the boat stopped at a resort on an island for one night so we could use the pool and the resort too but the definite highlight was Whitehaven beach, it was gorgeous with squeeky white sand and crystal clear waters.

I would definitely recommend Fraser Island too, an island accessed by a small ferry then you spend a couple of days travelling around in a 4x4 (there are no roads - the island is made of sand!) You can swin in lagoons, visit mudpools and generally have an amazing time!

I would love to do the East Coast again, you will have a fab time x

• SadSack83SadSack83 Posts: 1,700

I was going to say Whitsundays too! Whitehaven Beach is gorgeous. I have never seen sand like it anywhere else! 

Definitely do this if you can - Fraser Island is nice too!

Also I really enjoyed the bridge climb in Sydney - I did it at dusk so saw day, sunset and night time  views! 

• Australia is the best continent according to the honeymoon destination. You can get a lot of ohoneymoon destinations there. I have never gone to east cost of Australia. Austrelia is really big as the sight of area. I am planning to go there.

Hotel Donegal

• TravelgalTravelgal Posts: 17

We went to Australia in 2010 on our honeymoon and spent time with family in Kewarra Beach for the first week. If you are in Cairns I would definitely recommend hiring a car and driving up the Captain Cook Highway to the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation - we did it in a day and it was leisurely enough. The drive is beautiful.

When in Sydney go for a wander around the Rocks area of the city. If you're looking for somewhere to have a romatic meal while you are there, try Fish at the Rocks.