Cheap Honeymoons in October

Does anyone have a good idea of where to go in October for a Honeymoon? We're on a pretty low budget so any ideas are much appreciated.

• That's a tricky one to answer as unfortunately it will depend on a lot of people's definition of 'low budget'! Also, are you looking to laze on a beach for a week and therefore weather dependent or would you prefer more of a city break to lap up the culture?

The main thing in October is avoiding the school holidays when prices will climb wherever you go - normally the last week. That said we had a wonderful mini-moon to Morocco for 5 nights as we got married the first weekend of half term (husband is a teacher). Which sort of comes back to my first point. We loved Marrakech, but for others it would be their idea of hell.

If you're looking for a city break then maybe have a look on skyscraper.com, you can search to go 'anywhere' for a given time period so you'll see where the cheapest flights are. For a beach break, the Greek islands and Canaries should have good weather around then. I have to go to Greece for work and it's beautiful right up to November. Or, have you thought about the UK? I know a lot of people might turn their nose up but you can have a wonderful time just cosied up with each other. Try Alistair Sawday and Mr and Mrs Smith. Also, don't discount b&b or self catering. We've stayed in some stunning places giving five star service, with gorgeous decor for much less than a hotel.

Good luck!
  • Haha...skySCANNER.com don't you just love autocorrect?
  • Egypt or Cyprus... Sometimes there are some really good last minute deals but it depends whether you can risk it and book something at the last minute. If you have an open mind and don't have a particular destination in mind, maybe going for a last minute bargain would work for you?
  • Louise MLouise M Posts: 141

I do have a bit of a family connection to Cyprus and really did want to go there but we have opted for the Canaries instead.