HOneymoon to iceland? Anyone been?

Thinking about honeymoons and really not getting far! OH suggested iceland and from what i know of it i think it might make for an intresting a a bit different trip but its not proving very easy to find out about what to see, do costs etc online. ANyone been? x

• amy-lou-22amy-lou-22 Posts: 1,259

How about Norway? There is a glass igloo hotel there and if you go at the right time of year could see the Northern lights...

http://www.kakslauttanen.fi/en/

• BrookieBrookie Posts: 163
    We're looking at doing Iceland . We're thinking of doing a 4x4 expedition and trying to see the northern lights. Thought it would definitely be a once in a lifetime trip. Lots of options if you google it.

That igloo looks amazing.
  • RuthSH19RuthSH19 Posts: 46
    Hello, I've been and it's amazing! We paid just over ??300 each for flight and hotel, booked through lastminute.com and then excursions on top. We did the golden circle tour, blue lagoon (which is amazing!!) and the northern lights tour.

Unfortunately our northern lights tour got cancelled on the first night due to bad weather but went out on the second night and was very lucky to see it. That's actually where h2b proposed!

In regards to food and drink, it is expensive as they import it in but as you said, it's a once in a lifetime trip!
  • JJ2013JJ2013 Posts: 628

OH proposed to me in Iceland image w edid a package with Iceland air which was about £400 each for 3 nights B&B and a trip to the Blue Lagoon. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was, especially the Fish Market. If you do go, buy some alcohol when you land at the airport in the duty free shop, you'll save a fortune!

• Malb2b13Malb2b13 Posts: 679

thanks so much for your replies. i think were going to go for it! wht time of year did you guys go? i am a teacher and wont have time to go after the wedding before going back to school so could go oct, over xmas, feb or this time next year xx