Forum home Honeymoons

Honeymoon gift lists

Basically I work in travel so will be arranging my own honeymoon rather than going through a company, I have seen that the likes of kuoni do gift lists where guests can contribute towards your honeymoon.are there any freelance company's where your guest can basically donate & that don't charge you a heap to use it. I've looked at honey fund but they basically just tell your guests to send a cheque when they donate. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks xxx

• cle110112cle110112 Posts: 298

I have honeymoon card with Inspire Travel, absolutely brilliant. You can send guests a card on email and share on facebook.

Your not limited to one company and they are partnered with a number of people.

See the link below. I don't beleive they charge you anything.

http://www.weddinggiftcard.co.uk/index.php?action=content&content_id=81

Hope that helps, my mum used to work for them so we decided would be good option as honeymoon fund is little sparse.

• cle110112cle110112 Posts: 298

Meant to also say your guests can log in online and put money on that way too so nice and easy.

• We are using buy-our-honeymoon.com, they're really good. You set it for free and you'll pay around £64 to have it live! you can choose a website name and personalised the all of the contents as much as possible. THe only downside is all the gifts we are recieving arethru PAypal which of course they get commission of 2.5% for everything! but it is the best and easiest way for setting up a honeymoon giftlist

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024 New bride

Honeymoondreams.co.uk do the same.

Kuoni too.

• I couldn't find any that didn't charge at all, so we're doing our own.  I'm doing a wedding website anyone so have a gift list page, where I've listed different honeymoon items people can buy (e.g. giving trip, night in hotel etc) or the option to just donate money, I've then give bank account details or asked people to do cheque / cash in the card on the day.

Not ideal, but we didn't want to pay to have a guestlist and I know our guests would be upset if they thought we were losing 2.4% of their gift on paypal.

Let me know if there is a better option though!!x

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

I have made a website on gettingmarried.co.uk and they have a link to the pay pal rates;

Purchase payments received (monthly) Fee per transaction £0.00 GBP - £1,500.00 GBP 3.4% + £0.20 GBP £1,500.01 GBP - £6,000.00 GBP 2.9% + £0.20 GBP £6,000.01 GBP - £15,000.00 GBP 2.4% + £0.20 GBP £15,000.01 GBP - £55,000.00 GBP 1.9% + £0.20 GBP above £55,000.00 GBP* 1.4% + £0.20 GBP

The standard rate for receiving payments for goods and services is 3.4% image

• We're using www.Justthething.co.uk which is a more general wedding gift list website - not specifically about travel.  You can create a gift list with travel and/or traditional items, then as things are bought, you're given the money so you can book or pay for things in your own time.  They give you two fee options, one ads the fee to the cost of each item (to be payed by guests) which is what we're going for - so all up, no cost to us at all.