Disney world, Flordia

so our honeymoon will be a week in the Florida keys and a week at Disney world. Beyond excited! imageimageimage

Anybody going to Disney world for their honeymoon or have been?

any tips on where to stay, what to do, what not to miss out on?!?

xxxxx

• Hiya,

Yay im going to New York for 3 nights, then 7 nights at Florida Clearwater. Im soooo excited. We will be on the Gulf of Mexico apparantly.

While we are in Florida we are spending 2 days in Orlando as we have tickets to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. Then the other day to check out the Theme Park. After that, we will just relax in Florida, beach everyday etc.

Where stayinh at Hilton Clearwater so hopefully it will be lovely.

When are you going? Who did you book with?

xxxx

• NYEbride2014NYEbride2014 Posts: 320

I'm not going for my honeymoon but I have been to Disney in Orlando about 25+ times so am somewhat of an expert!

A week is not very long to see it all - there are 4 parks, 2 water parks and a shopping district. I would recommend preparing a detailed plan for each day of what you want to do and invest time if you are going to the park, sketching out detailed itineraries of which order you will do the rides in.

What time of year are you going as that will determine how busy the parks will be?

You should definitely aim to be at the parks each morning in time for opening and working out which rides get the busiest and going to those first in order to maximise your time and minimise amount of time spent in queues

Greek Girl - if you only have 1 day you will need to decide which park you want to go to

• MrsC14MrsC14 Posts: 385

We holiday in Florida due to family living out there every year since I was 18 months old and have lovely memories of all the parks in Orlando. We normally stay about 3 miles from Clearwater on the coast but it is about a 3 hour drive to Orlando from there so when all us cousins (we go in a big group of grandparents, auntys, uncles, cousins etc...) grew up we started going less and less to disney land and about once in every few years go to Sea World and/or Universal Studios. Busch Gardens is in Tampa so about an hour drive from where we normally stay. You need LOTS of money for the parks if you plan on getting lunch there every day and buying keepsakes as it is very pricey but well worth it! xx

• Hi NYEbride2014,

Were planning to go to the Magic Kingdom. Im not a massive fan of Theme Parks, so i just want to spend a whole day there for the experiance etc. My fiance has been there before when he was younger, so we are going to have a itenery of what rides to go on etc.

Im so excited. Im going on the 28th May next year. It will probably be busy then.

image xxxx

Gereek Girl that sounds like a good plan. I was going to go on to ask you what you wanted more - atmosphere or rides but it sounds like for you its the former in which case you're spot on with the park choice

I'd suggest getting there early, just before opening and head straight for the big ticket rides - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. Make sure you allocate some time to just people watch and take in the magic!

It will be reasonably busy then as that will be half term week I think so there will be a lot of British families there but nothing that good planning can't overcome!

You'll have a fab honeymoon

x

• emzeebabezemzeebabez Posts: 54

Oooo so excited to have found this thread!

We are planning to go to Florida for our honeymoon in November of next year (as we've found out its cheaper and quieter then?)  Any advice would be greatly received.  We are going for at least 2 weeks, possibly 3 depending on funds!

We've both never been to Florida and just cant wait!  We'll def be doing the theme parks.

Emma and Mark x 

November is quieter providing you go after the October half term and before Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving at Disney is super, super busy!!!

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

I'm not going for my honeymoon but will be there in 5 weeks time to celebrate my 30th!!! Clearwater is beautiful! Xx

• Greek Girl 25052014 wrote (see)

Hiya,

Yay im going to New York for 3 nights, then 7 nights at Florida Clearwater. Im soooo excited. We will be on the Gulf of Mexico apparantly.

While we are in Florida we are spending 2 days in Orlando as we have tickets to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. Then the other day to check out the Theme Park. After that, we will just relax in Florida, beach everyday etc.

Where stayinh at Hilton Clearwater so hopefully it will be lovely.

When are you going? Who did you book with?

xxxx

We are going from the 24th May for 7nights image have no idea where to stay but we are fortunate enough to have a guest pay for our flights, car hire for seven of the days and a week in a villa in the Florida keys, so all we have to pay foIsis the Disney world bit image i think if I book directly with the hotels it would see cheaper?!

havent figured out where we will stay yet, all I know is I want some luxury!

xxx

• I'm flying out there next Friday for honeymoon! image We're in Orlando for two weeks, staying in the Disney Animation resort.

• So glad i found this thread!

We are looking to book Florida,Orlando for our honeymoon. H2B has been 3 times and i went once as a kid, so we kind of know what to expect. We both get bored easily so hopefully we will have no time for boredom!

Can anyone recommend hotels that are a little more romantic, less kids, in a central location? Or we are thinking about a Villa... but dont like the idea of having to fend for ourselves - It is our honeymoon afterall!

We are booking with virgin as we got vouchers from our engagement to use. Planning to go April 28th for 2 weeks, 2015 xx

• Oooh, you'll all have a fantastic time!

I used to work in Disney World and since I have been out there for a few weddings and holidays.

A week in Orlando (if you want to see everything) will be really busy but fantastic!

The Magic Kingdom is probably the only Disney park you will definitely need a full day for (especially if you want to take your time, see fireworks etc.) Hollywood, EPCOT and Animal Kingdom could probably be a half day each.

I LOVE the water parks too though, especially if its hot and you want to cool off.

The Universal parks are AMAZING! Especially if you love the good rides.  The Harry Potter world is fantastic.

If you're not really into theme parks bear in mind that some of the best restaurants in the area are actually in Disney hotels (California Grill in the Contemporary hotel is gorgeous, but you will probably need to book in advance.  This is right next to the magic Kingdom). Also Malls are fantastic!

I LOVE the keys too - such a relaxed atmosphere and the weather is stunning.

ENJOY xxx