Forum home Honeymoons

Mini Moon

we are having a week in self catering cottage, whole week of bein totally alone just husband and wife! Can't wait! Luxurious cottages is where we chose, ppl have 3 diff sizes 

• I went to hotel du vin in Harrogate. Was lovely as it's a really pretty, peaceful place.Had a suite and got a pretty good deal. X

• I'll be stalking this thread if you dont mind

h2b and I are marring in Nov this year and honeymooning next year April so we want a mini moon too before xmas , spa hotel somewhere in this country with a spot of shopping and sightseeing maybe x

• wilson2bwilson2b Posts: 272

We are also planning a mini moon. We are going to go to the Lake District and stay in a hotel. Originally I wanted a log cabin or beautiful cottage but the thought of cooking all the meals (which I always do anyway) during our special time, has made me change my mind to a hotel. I've been recommended to the Swan at Newby Bridge, so we are looking to stay there for a few nights after the wedding (October) and then have the other honeymoon in the summer (I'm a teacher). It's always been somewhere I wanted to visit, and I can't wait now!

good luck finding somewhere to go

• FaernieFaernie Posts: 27

Not sure where you're based, but we were in a similar situation, having married in July and honeymoon not starting until October.  So we booked into Rhinefield House Hotel (I think it's a Handpicked Hotel) and I am so glad we did.  We only had a night there so we didn't immediately have to go back home to normality, but they really spoiled us: free upgrade, a card on our bed, a beautiful dinner finished with dessert delivered to our room, and all the staff seemed to know we'd just got married and were very sweet.  So I can recommend that, although the cottage in the country idea also sounds divine!

• Try Thornbury Castle, my OH took me there and it is amazing!!

It's pricey, but well worth it for special occassions.

• still rabbit in york, cottages and hot tubs, great in york for a few drinks too or poss races?

or Crab and lobster get great reviews for mini moons....