Cape Verde - anyone been?

So we were originally thinking Mexico, but June (when we're looking to go) is rainy season. Gee doesn't really want to do anything in Europe, so after MUCH deliberating and Trip Advisor sessions, we've decided on Cape Verde.

Has anyone on here been? Any recommendations or advice?

• I have been to Cape Verde its stunning, beautiful beaches and weather. We stayed in Riu karamboa, Boa Vista. The hotel was huge but never felt crowded and always found sunbeds, the airport was minutes away. We went on a few different trips and the hotel always had activities on. Not lots to do on the island but really chilled out and relaxed vibe. I would love to return!

Some people say that its not safe to travel too far from your hotel as risk of muggings but we often went on long walks and rarely saw another person. Whilst we were there we didnt hear of any victims.

The hotel food was amazing! So much choice, I think there was 5 different resturants.

The grounds and rooms were spotless and staff really friendly. I dont have a bad memory or thought about Cape Verde.