Forum home Honeymoons

honeymoon help

Trying to decide on honeymoon venue ' Thailand or california and vegas?

• BanariBanari Posts: 1,847
    Guess it depends what kind of honeymoon you want ... Do you want beach or do you want more sight seeing?

I love California (not LA though!) Santa Barbara is beautiful, San Fran is amazing & Yosemite Park is stunning!

From Vegas you could also go to the Grand Canyon ... There are nice lodges you can stay in there too if you wanted to extend the time in the Grand Canyon ... Oh and you could go to Cirque du Soleil in Vegas!

I reckon go with America!
  • My htb doesnt like sitting around for too long so i do like the idea of california. Thank you image
  • Sarah 6Sarah 6 Posts: 139

La isn't great but Santa Monica is worth a quick stop. I'd go California!

• BanariBanari Posts: 1,847
    No worries ... there is so much to do in California. Hiring a car and driving from LA to Santa Barbara is a lovely coastal drive. I would go to LA to say you've been there maybe go to Universal or Disney, go an see the stars on the pavement and a shot of the Hollywood sign and walk down Rodeo drive (whilst singing Pretty Woman!) and there are some amazing restaurants to eat in, but I wouldn't recommend spending too much time there as there is so much to see and do outside of LA! San Diego is also lovely! Ahhh I do love America!!
  • Bex960Bex960 Posts: 113

Bexgreen, we're doing 4 nights LA, drive to vegas and spend 4 nights there, we then drive to Yosemite and have 2 nights there finished by 4 nights in San Fran! I'm so excited.  LA we are doing pretty much what Banari has suggested, vegas I want to see penn and teller and do the CSI experience (we're both science geeks), Yosemite was to break up the drive between Vegas and San Fran but it looks amazing. And I want to go to Alcatraz as I keep hearing rumours it's meant to be closing. Oh and of course the Grand Canyon!  Neither of us are beach people so we wanted a honeymoon where we have plenty to do

• Thank you so much for all the advice image