going away outfit

Hi all,

H2b is looking to book our honeymoon for the day after the wedding, only problem is its a very early flight so we will need to book a hotel at the airport the night before (the night of our wedding)

we are going to book a taxi from wedding reception to hotel and obv take luggage but question is what do i wear?

part of me wants to go in my wedding dress but that would mean we would need to get someone to collect it before we fly but then my mum suggested doing the traditional things and get a going away outfit.

Has anyone done this? if so what did you wear?

any other ideas welcome image xx

• I haven't got one yet, but I will need one. We are travelling to London on the night we get married, and I can't go on the train in my wedding dress! Thinking a nice dress?

• oh thats interesting to know, i didnt think people did it still nowadays, are you thinking a long or short dress? and will you have a colour or stick to something similar to your wedding dress? will you get changed and then come back to say goodbye to everyone?

sorry for all the questions x

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

I think a 'going away' outfit is a lovely idea. Maybe a knee/ tea-length, floaty dress, in a pastel colour so you still look 'bridal'? Definitely choose something you can wear again to dinner on your honeymoon.  And there's no reason why you can't keep your wedding jewellery/ headpiece etc. on xx 

• yes would def want to look bridal still, never though of getting something that i'd wear on the honeymoon too. h2b will also see that as a valid excuse for a new dress haha.

maybe a nice chiffon maxi dress or would i look a bit too bridal? x

MrsGtoBe14 wrote (see)

never though of getting something that i'd wear on the honeymoon too. h2b will also see that as a valid excuse for a new dress haha.

Exactly! image

I think a chiffon, maxi dress would be lovely image The only trouble is a lot of them look very 'bridesmaidy' which is definitely something you want to avoid. I suppose it depends on what kind of dresses you've picked for your bridesmaids though doesn't it?

If it was me, I'd maybe go for something like this:

Not necessarily in blush/ nude though- a pale, blue dress would look lovely; you could still wear your wedding shoes and jewellery with it and maybe even an ivory cardi/ shrug? xx

• actually saying thay my bridesmaids are in lace and chiffon. so something shorted might be a bit better.

wow those dresses are gorgeous, i love them all.

xx

All Monsoon if you haven't guessed! image xx