Forum home Honeymoons

July Honeymoon in Koh Samui

Hi Everyone

I have booked our honeymoon in Koh Samui in Thailand for next July, and everytime I have looked at the webcam it is absolutly bucketing it down with rain. I am a sun worshipper so can think of nothing worse than rain on our honeymoon.

Has anybody ever been to koh Samui in July before, and if so what was the weather like? Really thinking of changing my location but all the exotic places its their rainy season, Can anyone recommend somewhere beautiful and exotic, and hot hot hot in July.

Michelle

• Bethtub81Bethtub81 Posts: 69
    Hi Michelle,

We've been having the same problem as you...trying to find somewhere exotic that's not in its rainy/hurricane season. We are getting married in May 08 so we are boarderline between seasons...think we are settled on the Caribbean. I don't know anything about Koh Samui I'm afraid but have you considered maritius or the maldives if you like it hot and exotic? HAving read some of the conversations in these chat rooms people have recommended these areas becuase despite it being the rainy season there too, I think it tends to rain at night. Also, from what friends have told me who honeymooned in maritius in June, it doesn't cool down when it rains. I think it would be quite exciting and romantic to see rain like that and to go for a long walk in it -hot rain -must be really amazing!! Obviously I realise that you don't want to be somewhere where it's raining like that more often than not -and it can be torrential. HAve you looked at the bbc's weather pages www.bbc.co.uk/weather? They have an 'average weather' link on them and you cna search all the major cities in the world and get some idea of average temp rain fall humidity etc. You can also see the world weather as it is now. Hope that helps?! Beth
  • starsiakstarsiak Posts: 8
    i went to Koh Samui a couple of years ago on holiday in late June/early July and we had fantastic weather. It is a beautiful place - I'm sure you'll love it!
  • jomarch50jomarch50 Posts: 630
    Hi Mcdavies

I live in Thailand and actually spent 5 days last weekend on Koh Samui... It rained one morning and we were round the pool again by 11am.

July is rainy season in Thailand but rain showers tend to last for no more than 2-3 hours and then the sunshine returns. In Bangkok this morning there were thick grey clouds but right now (midday) its brilliant sunshine again.

In July Samui is a slightly better bet than Phuket - unless you are very unlucky you should see plenty of sunshine!

Jo

x

PS. Feel free to shout if you need any more help - my wedding is in 2 weeks and I am currently hosting both my parents & in-laws so it may take a while for me to reply!