Jamaica

Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

Hi all,

We're going to Jamaica over Christmas this year, it's somewhere neither of us have ever been before, we're going to be going to Montego Bay and I was wondering if anyone here has been before and what would you recommend whilst out there?

Thanks

x

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,549 New bride

Hi hun,

We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and had such an amazing time!!

We stayed in the Montego Bay area in Royalton White Sands, where are you going?

We did - Bob Marleys House & Dunns River Falls, Mystic Mountain (Bobsledding, Zip lining - Sooo much fun!) Swam with dolphins & small little nursing sharks! We went to see the "luminous lagoon" where the water glistens as its disturbed and swam off the boat.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions we literally had such a good time and would love to go back!!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • CFWCFW Posts: 234

Oh you are going to love it! I went to Jamaica last year and stayed just outside of Montego Bay in the Lady Hamilton Grand Palladium. 

I definitely recommend the 'Glistening Waters' - it is only one of 4 in the world and you go out at night and in to this lagoon that literally glows when it comes in to contact with your body. It is one of the best things I have ever done it was such an amazing experience! http://www.visitjamaica.com/glistening-waters

Also you cannot go to Jamaica and not go to Ricks Cafe! Literally the best place in the world to see a sunset, whilst enjoying reggae music and amazing food! Such a good vibe here and people do cliff diving in to the water. Theres hundreds of pics and videos on Instagram #RicksCafe. 

We also did the Mystic Mountain which was one of the most terrifying things ever (700m zipline!!) but also equally as memorable! I also recommend the Dunns River Falls - we went out on a yacht where there was a free bar and snorkelling available on the way out then you climb up the falls with a group of people all holding hands and helping each other up - it was fab!!

I can't wait to go back, I think it would be hard to beat Jamaica - it has it all - food,culture, experiences and sunshine!

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

Thank you MrsGB2015 & Claire493 I will definitely look into those recommendations this weekend, we go over Christmas this year, and we want to see as much as we can :) x