Avid travellers! Help us choose a honeymoon!

We're really struggling to choose a honeymoon destination! We're going in October half term next year but no idea where to.

Must be :

Direct flight 

Hot and sunny 

Preferably on the coast 

Not Europe (my fiance has been to every European country and wants to go somewhere new)

Some kind of culture (he's not up for just a week long nap on the beach like i am haha)

We were thinking Sri Lanka but it's right in rainy season :/

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,771 New bride

Riviera Maya, Mexico - can go visit ancient ruins etc as well as beach time

Israel & Jordan with beach time in Eilat - easy to visit Petra from Eilat

Singapore

Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam

Japan?

• MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,103 New bride

Costa rica is a beautiful place I'm here now which I a week after half term, I can't explain how beautiful it is, they have just come out of their rain season in am staying in riu guanacaste, from here there are lots of day trips even one to Nicaragua which is the country above, you can jump on a boat from the hotel to a local village and have lunch there ans plenty of shops, we r going to zip line on the rainforest and horse back riding x

• Hi! - been working in travel for 10 years so I might be able to help :)

Where do you want to fly direct from? Is London okay or are you based up North?

Do you mind what the flight time is? 

For Hot and sunny in October Dubai will be good or What about a Safari in Africa? Bali/Thailand is okay weather wise depending on what areas you go to. Caribbean wise Jamaica, Antigua and St Lucia are all lovely that time of year and the islands are full of activities. 

Hope that helps x

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

What sort of budget are you looking at? Are you looking at a week? 

I would be going Caribbean- maybe Cuba?/Mexico/South America rather than into Asia if it’s only a week. x

• Yeah it'll be a week! We'll need to fly on the Saturday from a London airport, doesn't really matter what time. Budget is 2250 at the minute!

Lots of good ideas though I'll pitch to my fiance!

• I'd totally recommend Middle East - Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Oman could all work well. All have lovely beach hotels for a bit of a chill out, but also have great culture if you head inland a bit - desert trips with camping, dune driving, falconry, Oman is particularly good for mountains and also the old forts. Also only about a 6 hour flight, and 3 hour time difference - worth considering if you're only going for a week!

Or maybe Greek islands? Technically Europe, but the shorter flight would leave more to spend on hotel and you could get something awesome?

• Dubai is awesome and only a 7 hour flight - guarenteed sun and loads to do. I wouldn't travel all the way to Asia or America for a week personally due to time difference you will be knackered.

• carolinsheermz94carolinsheermz94 Posts: 10 New bride
    edited December 2018
    Hmm for only a week I wouldn't go too far, Maybe Morocco or the middle east or Arab states?