Honeymoon 2020 - aug / sept - beach / relaxing

we need some inspiration for where to go next year on our honeymoon. We are thinking August / September time, 10days - 2 weeks, hot weather (we like to just sunbathe!!), white sands, blue sea... ideally further a field than Europe but any hotel / location recommendations in Europe appreciated as well please!  

• rhianna_94rhianna_94 Posts: 12 New bride
    Mexico, Bali or Thailand?
  • AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 104 New bride
    I'd always recommend Sri Lanka! I'm half Sri Lankan so perhaps a little biased but it's amazing there. Happy to give recommendations for hotels etc. 

Also as a general note - have a look on Emirates holidays. Suprisingly good deals!
  • katieheskethkatiehesketh Posts: 6 New bride
    edited 20 August
    Thank you! Hadn’t thought of Sri lanka, is it usually quite hot around august / sept there? X
  • Mexico, Bali or Thailand?
    Sorry! Im rubbish at replying on here! For Sri lanka sorry. We looked at mexico, bali and thailand and I think they have the zika virus so we’re trying to avoid. So hard!! Thank you though. 
  • AmyFSToBeAmyFSToBe Posts: 104 New bride
    @katiehesketh It'll be pretty much around the 30 degrees mark! I'd recommend going more towards the east coast for Aug/Sept, to avoid any rain! 
  • I would do the Seychelles again if I could.
  • We’ve just been on honeymoon in August to Mauritius! We wanted somewhere with a lovely beach but also some excursions we could do. Didn’t want to be too cut off from the world. 

It wasn't ridiculously hot, around 25 -28 degrees with a nice breeze. It did rain slightly,  but only at night which helped clear the air. 
  • Honeymoon on the beach is stunning...
  • Laura GraceLaura Grace Posts: 334 New bride
    I loved Mexico, but we were fortunate to go before the Zika virus threat.  We went to Sensatori in Turkey this year and I thought it was great.  Even though it was 5*, the service wasn't quite as good as we'd received in Mexico, but if you're just looking to chill on the beach, it was great.  There is an adults only section and they have cabanas on the beach which are just gorgeous!  I have been to Turkey 5 times now (July - August) and can count on one hand the combined amount of clouds I've seen  :D  Anything less than 40 degrees is fairly unusual too, so it seems it would tick a fair few boxes x