Forum home Archived I got married in 2006

I knew this would happen....

...6 days to go and I've got a stinking cold! Just come up for air after steaming my face over a bowl of hot water and olbas oil! I hope it's gone by Saturday! H2B has been so excited all weekend and I'm finding it hard to show enthusiasm cos I feel like sh*t.

Are your h2b's so excited? Everything I do it's "your last time in tesco on a sunday as a miss.." and "the last time you'll cook sunday dinner as a miss...." etc. It's so sweet.

Hope everything is going well for you guys

Nat x

• emsukemsuk Posts: 1,267
    good luck for saturday, we still got 188 days so h2b not really excited yet. don't worry you'll be fine by saturday, try to relax and let your cold all come out then by saturday your be bright and bubbly !

'last cold as a miss ' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WombatukWombatuk Posts: 124
    At least you have the cold now and not next week!

Guzzle hot ribena and I heartily recommend Kovonia cough mixture. Anything that hurts that much to swallow must be good. You'll be right as rain in a day or so I am sure though - it's amazing what adrenaline can do for you!

I had an appalling bout of illness over the past few weeks, acute larynghitis and yucky proper flu - I kept thinking Hooray! I've got it over and done with! I just need to keep any other lurgies at bay for 33 days!

Hope you get well soon and remember to put lipsalve on your nose! (Helps with snotty tissue created chapped nostrils!)

• cheeseukcheeseuk Posts: 125
    Get well soon. I'm sure it'll be gone by Saturday. I had one last week. Smother yourself in vicks vapour rub, smells horrible but works wonders. Good luck on Saturday, my day too! x
  • Nat I'm getting married on Friday and me and h2b both have colds too!

I'm taking echinacea to help me get better and drinking lots of orange juice for the vitamin c. Tomorrow is my last day at work so I will just put my feet up then and relax for a bit.

Hope you feel better soon

Good luck

Jodylou

• darrenukdarrenuk Posts: 116
    Hi,

Beechams Powder Capsules are an absolute God send for colds, they work fantastically well,

Good luck everyone, I hope your day is perfect.
    Hi,

Beechams Powder Capsules are an absolute God send for colds, they work fantastically well,

Hi,

• Hello All

Thanks for your kind wishes. I am over the worst now. The runny nose is drying out and the tickley cough is starting - which I am told is a sign I'm getting better!!! And I'm out of bed today!

I can't believe its only 4 days. I'm going to do my honeymoon packing later. Haven't really got anything else to do! Does anyone else get the nasty feeling you've forgotten something really important - it seems too good to be true that everything is sorted.

Nat x

• Oh Nat - good luck babe!!!!!

Hope it all goes magically for you.

How was your hen do in the end? Mine was a disaster and don't remember any of it, but apprently I threw a tantrum and told my organisers they were crap (which was true but don't think they were expecting it!!!). Oh well have apologised and am forgiven on grounds am an emotional wreck these days.

Good luck again and send pics through when you're back.

Lotsa love x

• Hi Decemberbride

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good hen night. Mine was really good. There were 10 of us and we went to the Glee Club in Brum. The comedians were excellent and I had just enough to drink to be silly but not enough to be sick!

I have now packed for my honeymoon and I'm very pleased that my rucksack weighs only 12.5 kgs! h2b's is only about 11 kgs. We have to travel light as we have to go on a really tiny plane during out safari and anything over 15kgs we get charged excess baggage! I don't normally wear half the stuff I take anyway.

I must be feeling better. My enthusiasm is back and I'm getting very excited. Have just made h2b a big bow for his car!

Nat x
  • How exciting! Are you nervous?

Hen night wasn't total disaster, just expected it to be to the standards that I had arranged for my pals this year. Have come to realise that I set my sights too high and expect too much from people, but you live and learn! We've all kissed and made up so it's cool.

Am glad you had fun though chick!

What can I say, have a wonderfull day and enjoy every minute. All I keep getting told is it goes way too fast so enjoy it all!

Better do some work (like I can concentrate on anything!).

Have a ball x x x x