Forum home Archived I got married in 2006

[color=red]aug 06 brides what was ya colour scheme? [/color]

congrats to all you aug 06 brides hope you all had a fantastic day! im getting wed 11th aug 07 i was just wondering what ya colour scheme was

love sam xxx

• Hi Sam

I am getting married the same day as you next year and we have chosen navy and silver. H2b chose the colours, I quite fancied red and silver but have seen lots of bridesmaid dresses in navy and they look stunning. Also a bit different from the usual colours you see and with navy suits for the blokes with silver cravates I think it will work

Lots of luck in choosing your colours :\)
  • clairistclairist Posts: 121
    We had a burgundy - stood out beautifully on the photos with a mix of ivory and deep red roses.

good luck with the planning and enjoy it!
  • We had fushia pink and gold, which went great with our tropical setting.

Good luck and have fun!
  • Hi and Congrats!

I got married on 5th August this year and our colour scheme was Pink Sorbet & Ivory. We had 2 pregnant bridesmaids too lol! The bouquets were pink aqua roses surrounding 2 calla lillies in the middle tied with big leaves and bear grass. I can send you some pics if you like?

Natasha
  • hi there!

we also got married on 5th August this year and had lilac, purple and ivory

see some of our pictures here:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/index.php/v4/Harriet_Jarvis_&_Martin_Rogers

and here:

http://www.thesilverpenguin.co.uk

Hope you like! We did!

Mrs Penguin

x

[Modified by: Mrs Penguin on February 11, 2007 05:36 PM]
  • sammycuksammycuk Posts: 1,633

hi tasha thanx for the reply hun would love to see some of your pics hun always up for a nose lol love sam xxx image

• sammycuksammycuk Posts: 1,633
    well hello mrs p thanx for the reply and the link hun i have a secret i have already looked at your photos as i used to pop on and see how all u aug brides were doing image but im now off to have another nose tc luv sam xxx
  • MrsTukMrsTuk Posts: 2
    Hi Sam... We got Married 19th Aug 06... Our Colour scheme was raisin. It's like a mink / puple sort of colour? Sounds horrid but looked amazing. H2B and sidekicks were all in really dark chocolate brown suits!! Looked great!!

My dress was pink, grape, white and coffee - So the colours really complemented it!! Good luck - Enjoy planning... Although it's stressful with so many decisions to make it's well worth it when the day comes together!! Clare x
  • clarewukclarewuk Posts: 3
    Hi Sam....I got married last August and our colours were Turquoise and Ivory. The guys wore grey suits and turquoise ties/hankies. My husband wore an ivory and turquoise striped tie. The colours look very fresh and summery. Accessories were hard to get in terms of favours and matching the napkins and cake etc. But hunting for them was part of the fun.

[Modified by: clarew on April 18, 2007 02:37 PM]
  • cheryl654cheryl654 Posts: 366
    We got wed 18 August last year. My dress was palest pink and the Bridesmaids wore silver. We went for a glam sort of feel.