Forum home Archived I got married in 2006

Any 23rd September 06 still out there?

Catz, Amyl, Lou-lou 123 etc - are you still out there? It seems like a long time ago - how did your big days go?

S

• Hi S,

We didn't chat before our date.....but I have seen your pictures and they are fabulous, you should get them featured on real weddings! how are you enjoying married life,

Mx
  • seizmoseizmo Posts: 176
    Hi Mandy, Thank you for your comments on the photos - Web Editor contacted me for the Real Weddings section so they should be on there within the next few weeks. I loved your photos too! Married life is wonderful - I find it difficult to describe the feeling sometimes, but I love it! How about you?

S

• Love being married too, gives a new sense of security somehow..however life is overshadowed at the mo with my mum's cancer and chemo, but hey ho......Im not surpirsed you were approched for the real weddings feature...your pics are very professional looking, and just tell a wonderful story!
    So sorry to hear of your Mum's cancer - I have had so many people close to me diagnosed with cancer - it is a horrible illness - I hope the chemo works.... At least you have the support of your husband.... it is a great feeling when you exchange your vows and know they are meant 110% - our vicar said in his address that when things aren't going our way etc just remember back to the vows we had made and everything would be ok. Has your Mum just started chemo? - I hope you do not mind me asking - just want to support you!

S

• Don't mind at all! And thanks - all support welcome........she started her chemo 2 weeks ago, this is her second round of it, but this time they are giving it in tablet form instead of the needle, basically because the last lot of chemo totally messed up her veins and they can't. She is 73 and still fighting. Its hard for everyone though, she lives with us which Im glad about, don't think she could manage in her own. She thoroughly loved the wedding and was a complete star image I know what you mean about so many people with cancer around.....hardly a week goes by when I don't hear of someone else I know being diagnosed with it. I think Im using this site to keep the wedding alive, it was just so great, and mum was really well and looking fantastic, even in the wig, which was a big hit, and stayed on all night! I tell her about the comments from here, which makes her smile too.
    Hi Mandy, sorry haven't replied before - tonight is the first chance I have had! I have looked at your photos again and there is no way I would have said your mum was wearing a wig - she looked fantastic (and I would never have guessed she is 73!) The good thing is she is fighting... Tell her we are thinking of her - you must be really proud of her.

S

• Thanks, mum says thanks for the kind comments - much appreciated - she's doing well! And I am proud of her. So how is married life treating you, Im enjoying calling Steve hubby! It just all feels so right! When will you be on real weddings?

Mx
    Married life is really good - I do not think I will ever grow tired of saying "husband" - although my MIL tells Pete off when he calls me "wife" as she finds it offensive (she thinks "wifey" is much nicer!). The wedding and honeymoon seem longer ago than it was - it is not even 2 months yet! I think it is because work has really picked up for both of us so we are at the offices for longer hours. We are having this weekend to ourselves and having a duvet day infront of the rugby tomorrow just to have time out together! Not sure when the real weddings thing is happening - Helen the Web Ed acknowledged the photos last week and said the words will be put together this week but she did say they are busy at the moment and not to think I was forgotten about...so I guess it is watch this space!

Sx
  • A duvet day...OMG...can't remember when I last had one of those......really envious...Im busy decorating and other DIY jobs. I know what you mean about the time scale factor....really does seem more like six months ago now, tell your mum wifey sounds old...maybe that's got something to do with the Scots lingo, but a wee wifey definately neans someone a little older up here! image

[Modified by: mandy27 on November 17, 2006 01:47 PM]
    Hi Mandy, I cannot believe all this time has passed since I was last on here! Work has been really busy the last few weeks so much so I was under the weather for a while! How are things with you - how is your Mum doing? I knew about the "wifey" thing - my husband's father's side of the family come from Scotland and I lived in Edinburgh for a few years - I think my MIL believes "wifey" to sound softer than "wife". Still haven't heard from the YAYW team re the real weddings section - they must be snowed under at the moment? Our wedding album will be ready for collection next weekend - when I went in with the final selection I asked where our engagement photos were... between the studio and the photographer they have lost them so we need to go back in again to have the retaken. I am going to wait until after mid January as feeling a little low about my appearance at the moment as put on weight since the wedding and most of my wardrobe is tight image Anyway, enough of my self pity - what are your plans for Christmas? I enjoy spending Christmas with my family - might pop along to the Church this Sunday evening as they are having a carol sing....
  • Hi, I know what you mean about putting on weight, Ive put on at least half a stone...trying hard not to put any more on. Can't beleive they lost your engagement photo's, that's a bit 'strange' Mum is doing OK, very tired, but looking forward to Christmas. I'm with you on that one, family is coming here, and more relations are arriving at New Year! Going to be really busy, my band has plenty of bookings lined up too - bit worried as I have really bad back at the moment and wondering if I can cope with it all. Can't beleive xmas is so close, Im really not organised at all! Haven't even written a card! I keep looking at real weddings to see if you are on yet....they seem to have quite a lot on just now! Shouldn't be long now surely!