Forum home Archived I got married in 2007

Congrats to all 18th August brides

Hi girls well, we finally managed to become a Mrs despite the rain......!!!! We certainly didn't care in the end, as it added to the atmosphere!! will try and get some pics of our day to share, hope yours went as well as ours did, definitely wouldn't have changed a thing, even the weather!!!

love Mrs Lincoln

xxx

• I agree! it rained on my wedding day too - but the sun shone for our honeymoon - so i dont care!

kirsty
  • well here's a link to our photos finally!!

just a shame the colours of the girls dresses was affected by the lighting in our marquee and because it was so dull outside. Never mind though, we all still had an excellent time and wouldn't change a thing (apart from the wind, rain, flooding in the kitchens etc etc etc!!!!)

http://www.linconline.co.uk/wedding

xxx
  • Hi Girls

What a great day. I wouldn't change anything about our day and I am now Mrs Spain and loving it. Glad you all enjoyed your day. Love the photos. I will try and get some of mine onto this site when I get a moment in between working and enjoying life with my hubby!!:\)
  • Oh wow! You look fabulous, love your dress, tiara, venue and photos! Congrats to you both, you make such a gorgeous couple and clearly had a wonderful day.

Love V x x
  • ahh thanks valentina, my tiara is one from a company called blossom, it was a bit pricey but hey, it's only gonna be once right? My dress was Zoe by Maggie Sottero, but my dress maker changed the neckline and added straps. I went through a major period of hating my dress but after she altered it I wouldn't have had any other on the day! We got married in a castle here in Jersey and had the reception in a marquee in the castle grounds. Wonderful!
  • Hi Maryb, You all look fantastic. I got married in a marquee also on 18th August and the weather held for our photos but then later on the rain came down. I must say that I did not even notice as once inside the marquee the atmosphere was brilliant and everyone really enjoyed themselves. Best wishes for a long and prosperous marriage to you both. x