Forum home Archived I got married in 2007

Anyone getting a new passport before the big day?

I got mine through yesterday and was soo excited to see my married name in 'official' context!

[Modified by: PboroBride on 22 November 2007 10:50:28 ]

• Hi, that sounds like a fab idea!

How do you go about doing that? I'm not getting married till 08/08/08 so a little while yet to prepare.
  • Hi, that sounds like a fab idea!

How do you go about doing that? I'm not getting married till 08/08/08 so a little while yet to prepare.
  • You can apply 3 months before the wedding - you get the registrar or minister to fill in a form and then send off the application with that!
  • I really wanted to do that but then I wouldn't be able to actually fly home for the wedding so not really a good idea! image And now I have booked flights in March in my maiden name so have to wait until after that to change it over.... Oh well!
  • Hi!

I need to get a new passport just now as it will run out while on honeymoon, I thought I'd have to get it in my own name then change it after the wedding. So If you can change your name 3 months before the wedding on your passport, do you have to change it anywhere else before you go on honeymoon? So we could book our honeymoon with my new name?
  • Yes you can do that, as long as you don't need to use it in the 3 months before the wedding. I believe the person marrying you has to sign the application form. You don't have to change it anywhere else.
  • Hi - you book your honeymoon in your married name! As long as the passport & tickets say the same name, you're fine x