Forum home Archived I got married in 2007

Secret Wedding!!Sssshhh

Hi Ladies,

We are being farily unconventional in having a secret wedding! No-one knows and we are getting married along with another couple of close friends on New Years Eve 07.

I am really excited now! we both have our dress fittings next week and I am currently finalising the plans for a wedding reception a few weeks after we get back.

We always go on holiday together for New Year and decided that it would be a perfect chance for us to both tie the knot!

We are getting married in a castle and having a very intimate wedding breakfast after the 2 ceremonies.

I can't wait!!! V. nervous now

xx:\)

• new-mrsbnew-mrsb Posts: 2,015 New bride
    Can't stop now - off to work, but god how romantic, have you got any pics of your dress?, give us some more details. image
  • OMG how exciting!! How have you managed to keep it a secret from everyone? I'd fail dismally at keeping that kind of thing under wraps.

Won't your parents be gutted they won't be there? My mum would KILL me x
  • SuzMcHSuzMcH Posts: 635
    I'm so jealous. That's exactly what H2B and I wanted to do but like Pboro bride says my mum uttered the words "I'd never forgive you" and now I'm 35 days away from a wedding with an audience !!

Sounds wonderful, where exactly are you tying the knot ? Suz x
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    Wow! You're good keeping that a secret from your nearest and dearest. Would like to know all the details, where you're going, what's your dress like?
  • rmacukrmacuk Posts: 663
    Oh wow - that is so exciting for you. I wish you both and friends a fabulous time.

Lick SuzMcH, both our mothers uttered the 'I'd never forgive you line', but part of me is jealous that you don't have to share your day with a bunch of distant relatives like us!!!

best wishes xxx
  • Tell us more please...............!!