Forum home Archived I got married in 2007

SASSMONKEY - Are you out there??? And Mrs Parker?

And anyone else who helped me through the wedding. . . !!

Well, the 21st Dec does seem like a long time away now. What with Christmas and New and Mr W currently mid flu virus that's currently sweeping the country I've not had 5 mins to myself or so it seems. Plus not forgetting returning to work after 3 weeks and an email inbox the size of Andorra to plough thru.

Ah well. Without boring everyone with the details, I can honestly say that the whole day went like an absolute dream - totally perfect without 1 single problem. This is down to my wedding co-ordinator at the hotel and a couple of very well-organised and creative friends. I cannot fault the venue at all. In fact, Keven Pietersen and Jessica from Liberty X had their reception there the week after. It was superb. If you fancy a weekend away somewhere where you will be endulged and cossetted, go there - very romantic. Check it out on www.exclusivehotels.co.uk - it's the Manor House at Castle Combe.

Anyway, I have only just managed to work out how to upload a few photos taken by friends to the Kodak website. The photos aren't wonderful and there are only a few but it does give an idea of the wedding - and you get to see my "infamous" dress - after the dress crisis I had, it does deserve to get a special mention.

Anyway, hope all you December brides had a wonderful day too. SassM - I'm dying to hear all about yours!:\)

• Hey Mrs West! No more '2B' hey! Great to hear from you, I've been checking regularly for your photos. Can you send us the link?

I'm getting the slideshow from the photographer in the next day or two, and I'm going to write a little report as well, so keep your eyes peeled! Can't wait to see your pics!!
  • OK - here's the link. They aren't wonderful - just a handful that a couple of friends took - but they are all I have right now. Really looking forward to seeing yours!

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=xm9avrgp.257qb8ekp&Uy=b4o63y&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Ux=0

Hope the link works!
  • MrsWest! You look simply fabulous! That dress was so classy and suited you so well. It was definitely worth the looooooong search! I can't wait to see more, these pics show it was a great day! Congratulations.

Can you believe it's all over now?!
  • beckitreebeckitree Posts: 194
    How gorgeous! I love your dress. Congratulations...
  • Hi sorry I'm still here but I have been completely snowed under, I'm on school placement. I haven't had time to do anything.

I am just about to have a look at your photos. I'll post again when I've had a look. xxxxx
  • Wow Mrs West you look absolutly gorgeus. That is a lovely dress. Your hubby looks very smart too.
  • thanks everyone - made all the stress worthwhile. Don't know about you, but life has just gone mad. Husband had the bronchial virus early in the new year and is still recovering. Our mini-moon to Paris was cancelled but we're going early Feb instead. Hopefully off to Barbados or Antigua in April. Can't wait. We got the official photos back a few days ago and they are soooo great. So relieved as I'm not photogenic and hate having my photo taken. So pleased we decided on a husband and wife team as got a whole mix of shots - both formal and unposed. The hard task is now picking 60 out of 300! Anyway, pleased you are all still out there. . . . .!

Since going back to work in early Jan my feet haven't touched the ground. The busiest time of year for me work-wise and working from v early morning to late at night, albeit mainly from home on the lap top but really don't even get to go downstairs and put the kettle on!

Well married life so far is great. Keep looking at my wedding ring and still can't believe I am now Mrs West. Very bizarre but lovely at the same time! Mr West actually came home a few days ago with a big bunch of flowers announcing it was our 1 month anniversary. He's even lighting candles about the house so think that married life is suiting him too and he's enjoying things. Other than that, just the drudgery of every day life now! Just how did we fit in all those plans and arrangements??? I'll never know. My days are still full without the endless phone calls and confirmations, double checking and sleepless nights. Ah well. What happens next??
  • I hear you Mrs. West - how did we fit it all in! I've been quite poorly since the week after the wedding as well. It's been crap and has kind of taken the shine off being newlyweds.

Will you be posting some of your official pics?!
  • Quoted:
    thanks everyone - made all the stress worthwhile. Don't know about you, but life has just gone mad. Husband had the bronchial virus early in the new year and is still recovering. Our mini-moon to Paris was cancelled but we're going early Feb instead. Hopefully off to Barbados or Antigua in April. Can't wait. We got the official photos back a few days ago and they are soooo great. So relieved as I'm not photogenic and hate having my photo taken. So pleased we decided on a husband and wife team as got a whole mix of shots - both formal and unposed. The hard task is now picking 60 out of 300! Anyway, pleased you are all still out there. . . . .!

Since going back to work in early Jan my feet haven't touched the ground. The busiest time of year for me work-wise and working from v early morning to late at night, albeit mainly from home on the lap top but really don't even get to go downstairs and put the kettle on!

Well married life so far is great. Keep looking at my wedding ring and still can't believe I am now Mrs West. Very bizarre but lovely at the same time! Mr West actually came home a few days ago with a big bunch of flowers announcing it was our 1 month anniversary. He's even lighting candles about the house so think that married life is suiting him too and he's enjoying things. Other than that, just the drudgery of every day life now! Just how did we fit in all those plans and arrangements??? I'll never know. My days are still full without the endless phone calls and confirmations, double checking and sleepless nights. Ah well. What happens next??

Hi Mrs West,

I had a quick nosey at your photos and I have to say your dress is so beautiful! I just wondered if you will be posting any more photos? We are also having our reception at The Manor House, Castle Combe and would love to see some pictures of a real wedding.

Thank you,

• mrswest2bmrswest2b Posts: 91
    Hi there. Thanks for the note. You've picked a great venue. I have to say, we couldn't fault the hotel and staff at all. It all totally surpassed our expectations completely and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it 100% (and I'm very fussy!). Unfortunately our official photos are not uploadable (if that's the word). However, we used Debbie Bristow based in Tetbury and we are so pleased with the photos. She and her husband were a pleasure to deal with and they fitted in so well with the whole celebration. She paid such attention to detail and the photos are wonderful - again, exceeded expections. Really sorry I can't help you with the photos - I only wish I could upload them for you - but you can be confident that all the stops will be pulled for you at The Manor House. I guess you are dealing with Karen too. She really is a star.

Best of luck! when is the wedding?
  • Quoted:
    Hi there. Thanks for the note. You've picked a great venue. I have to say, we couldn't fault the hotel and staff at all. It all totally surpassed our expectations completely and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it 100% (and I'm very fussy!). Unfortunately our official photos are not uploadable (if that's the word). However, we used Debbie Bristow based in Tetbury and we are so pleased with the photos. She and her husband were a pleasure to deal with and they fitted in so well with the whole celebration. She paid such attention to detail and the photos are wonderful - again, exceeded expections. Really sorry I can't help you with the photos - I only wish I could upload them for you - but you can be confident that all the stops will be pulled for you at The Manor House. I guess you are dealing with Karen too. She really is a star.

Best of luck! when is the wedding?

Thank you so much for your post. I'd love to see your photos when they are available if poss?! The few that I did see were amazing! We are getting married 8th August. Its going so quickly! Yes we are dealing with Karen as Emma is now on maternity leave. Is there any tips that you can give on having our wedding there? Things to opt for - suggestions etc?

• mrswest2bmrswest2b Posts: 91
    Hi again. Which room are you going to be in? We were in the Dunstanville Suite which was lovely. Plus handy as the smokers could go out on to the balcony! Sounds silly but at least no-one had to traipse outside! We had fairly lights up the bannister and in the two trees outside the the room and in the fireplace. Basically we just plastered all three rooms up there in pillar candles and tea lights. Obviously because it was Christmas we had an abundance of holly, ivy and mistletoe too. We even had carol singers at the end of the evening! We used the hotel florist for the bouquet, chair backs, pew ends and a couple of candlestands which all were lovely. However, we did the table centres ourselves and even the florist loved them! Gold trays with 7 assorted pillar candles wrapped in ivy and holly and with fir cones. All the window sils had pillar candles, tea lights and foliage and with the lights dimmed = perfect! We didn't have a band or anything. We just plugged the iPod into Karen's docking station and it was perfect - it filled the room wonderfully and was so much cheaper than a band or quartet which neither of us wanted anyway. Our wedding was very relaxed and casual with no pomp or ceremony at all - we had no bridesmaids or best man, no speeches, absolutely nothing at all. We just wanted to get married amongst friends and family - 45 guests in total - in lovely surroundings.

One other thing and going back to our photographers - we now get to chose 150 photos out of the 300 that were taken and they've now got some new books - the magazine style ones in hardback and great value - about £350. The photos are wonderful and they captured the beauty of the hotel perfectly. I should be getting the official albums back in about a month. Happy to meet you at the hotel if you want to see them. It would be nice to see Karen again too. Just let me know.