Forum home Archived I got married in 2008

Any 24th May 08 brides out there?

Hi there,

Getting excited and stressed that the wedding is not even a year away now!! Argh!!

Just wondered how much everyone has got done/booked to see if i should be doing more/less?

Also is anyone sending out Save the date cards? I thought about sending them out with my Christmas cards?! How far in advance are you sending your wedding invitations out? With it being a bank holiday - i'm thinking the earlier the better as people plan other things to do on long weekends?

Becky x

• clarksukclarksuk Posts: 1,635

Hi Becky

i am also 24 May 08, there is a thread on all us 24 Mayer's on Page 3 of this forum.

There is a lot of us, ha ha.

Samx
  • sallysimpson1sallysimpson1 Posts: 1,491
    Hi Becky, yes there are a load of us on here! I am sending out save the date cards but I am sending them towards the end of the summer when some people may start to think about next years holiday.

My real invites will be going out end of feb /march. So where are you getting married Becky?
  • BexaukBexauk Posts: 26
    I'm getting married in Ripon and then reception is at Rudding Park in harrogate - how about you? I was thinking about sending my save the date cards out in my christmas cards do you think this is too late?
  • sallysimpson1sallysimpson1 Posts: 1,491
    Hi Becky,

I personally would not be happy leaving it until chrsitmas to send them, however I am a total stress head about these things and have to do everything well, well in advance (we booked our venue 2 and a half years in advance just to be certain we got it!) other Brides on hre may be able to tell you diferently.

We are from Birmingham and getting married at a hotel called Hogarths in Dorridge (www.hogarths.co.uk if you fancy a peek) be prepared to get addicted to this site though, I come on here almost every day and have got sooooooooo many ideas from it! I guarentee you can ask any question on here and someone will help you

Sal xx

• DeborahtDeboraht Posts: 2,882
    I am also a 24th May-er!

Nice to have you aboard! image
  • hotprincessukhotprincessuk Posts: 2,520
    Me too!!!!!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    Only 338 days to go girlys!! xx
  • clarksukclarksuk Posts: 1,635

I know girls, I'd say when the counter goes under 300 and were in the 200's it will be countdown.

Samx
  • zoecondonzoecondon Posts: 263
    Hi - another one here...

So nice to see so many of you out there - hope I can be of help over the next 334 days!! (lord knows I'll be wanting some myself!)

• Phoenix_05Phoenix_05 Posts: 174
    Me!!!!!!! Actually, I created the last post!!! image

My parents want to order the invitations soonish - that's about the only thing I'll let them have control of! But not sure when to sent them....maybe August? Gives time to chase up the many who probably won't bother to RSVP! Once numbers are certain we can think about seating plans.

Having problems finding a photographer in the Notts region though.

Have you got your dresses yet? I found mine a few weeks back I thought it was way too early until the woman said it takes the best part of a year to have it made then fitted, refitted, etc.

332 days to go!!!!
    Hi there everyone thanks for replying! I just worry that if i send my invitations out too early people will forget they ever receievd it! lol!! Mad i know!!!

I've ordered my dress and have my first fitting in August! So excited! I went to a wedding on Sunday and was looking at everything in site - checking i had thought about everything and worrying that mine would be rubbish! I'm such a stress head! xx
    Hi - yeah found my dress and having my first fitting in august!! So excited!!! x
  • Hi Becky

I'm getting wed on 4th May 2008, and I too had the same dilema. I decided to send the save the date cards out with the xmas cards, and on Valentines day I'm sending out my invitations. Dunno what you think but I thought thats time enough.

Good Luck

Dawn xxx
  • zoecondonzoecondon Posts: 263
    Quoted:
    Me!!!!!!! Actually, I created the last post!!! image

My parents want to order the invitations soonish - that's about the only thing I'll let them have control of! But not sure when to sent them....maybe August? Gives time to chase up the many who probably won't bother to RSVP! Once numbers are certain we can think about seating plans.

Have you got your dresses yet? I found mine a few weeks back I thought it was way too early until the woman said it takes the best part of a year to have it made then fitted, refitted, etc.

332 days to go!!!!

Where in Notts are you? I'm in Retford (getting married in Leics though) ;\)
  • I'm a 24th May bride as well - am getting all excited about it again now because it's nearly just 10 months away. I have even ordered my dress now so am starting on my diet!
  • globaby13globaby13 Posts: 1
    I haven't done ANYTHING yet, not even booked the registry office but we're hoping for May 24th! Think I'd better get my skates on as everyone else seems to pretty much know exactly what's going on! image
  • hey im a 24thmay bride too, im actually a little scared as i have everything booked and organised and i mean everything my dress and accessories are in and so has my mother and motherinlaw 2be got their outfits in too. Ive also got my invitations and placecards in and scrolls for the tables done. Do i have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a person who likes to have everything done really early for example i buy birthday cards 1-2 months inadvance before the birthday so i dont forget about so lo0ng as the verse is right!!

So excited only 309days to go. Im real excited cant wait,

Does anyone out there fell a bit nervous about a particular side of a family going to the wedding and worried that there will be murder?????? My mum was married twice and although my mum, dad and stepdad all get on i have 4 sides to invite and my mothers side is quite a mad bunch and im really worried they will start a fight on my big day. h2b and i had decided that we would have a zero tolerance on the lead up to wedding (decided this when it was 2.5yrs to wedding), if anyone annoyed either of us or upset any of us in anyway up to the wedding they would not be invited. already my so called aunt on my real dads side is not going (she punched my bro and put a restraining order against my mum) and my mums brother and his wife as we went to my aunts wedding in march there and they caused a roit and my uncle threatened my h2b and made fun of his grandad who was very important here in ireland. My h2b was devatated. So their not going. Id love not to invite them but my mum would be real upset there is only about 4 of my mums bros and sisters that we both really get on with and no will be no trouble but im at a loss and this is the only thing giving me sleepless nights and major headaches.

Sorry for rambling but i had to get the point across so you know were i am at. Any suggestions would be helpful????imageimage
  • i think i will send save the date cards out too, didnt kow anything about them, I must live on another planet. Might send them out at xmas too. Im sending my invites out 3months before to make sure i get the replies back!!!! Ohhhh i could burst im that excited yyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaa
  • arsparsp Posts: 14
    Quoted:

Have you found one yet? Try Rebecca or Andrew at The Studio Southwell. They offer a free studio sitting with anyone asking for a quotation anyway. www.ishotu.co.uk email: [email protected]

[Modified by: arsp on December 27, 2007 02:30 PM]
  • lou026lou026 Posts: 11
    Hi All,

First time on here... left it all a bit late.

I am also getting married on May 24th - Yay!!

Having a chocolate and Cream theme wedding and sooo excited.

Hope to speak to you all soon.

Loux