Forum home Archived I got married in 2008

why did everyone pick may to get married?

i wanted to get married in jan, but h2b dieciced he wanted to get married in may, and plus its 2 months after my mum and dad's anni and 2 months before my sister's anni, my brother is getting married in sept 09 so there 2 much between us all with our anni's

does anyone believe this is a bad luck month? as i have read on here and on websites that may is a back cmonth to get married in, i dont beleive that

xx

• we wanted to get married in folida so we chose may as its a nice month out there then we changed our minds and have stuck with may to get married here.

im not suppersitious so i dont beilve it at all.
  • It's an old wives tale and it was the first my Fiance's Nan mentioned when we said we were getting married in May.

Here's the calendar, if you interested.

JANUARY : Marry when the year is new, he will be loving, kind and true.

FEBRUARY : When February birds do mate, you wed nor dread your fate.

MARCH : If you wed when March winds blow, joy and sorrow both you will know.

APRIL : Marry in April if you can, joy for maiden and for man.

MAY : Marry in the month of May, you will surely rue the day.

JUNE : Marry when June roses grow and over land and sea you will go.

JULY : Those who in July do wed must labor for their daily bread.

AUGUST : Whoever wed in August be, many a change is sure to see.

SEPTEMBER : Marry in Septembers shrine so that your life is rich and fine.

OCTOBER : If in October you do marry, love will come but riches tarry.

NOVEMBER : If you wed in bleak November, only joys will come, remember.

DECEMBER : When December snows fall fast, marry, and your love will last.

• We chose May as we wanted it to be a bank holiday and didn't want it to be too hot like August or too cold like Christmas and easter, which left us with May- Cannot wait now- 150 days to go!! xx
  • rustyboxxrustyboxx Posts: 1,042
    hey i got 157 to go x
  • hey we chose may the 17th because we both said spring and i wanted it on a sat and he wanted it on the 17th. then we looked on the calander and it all worked out the 17th is a saturday xxx not long now brides
  • We are getting married in May as it lands on my Dad's birthday, he passed away when I was ten and I wanted to give him the best gift ever, it was fate!xx
  • allieaukallieauk Posts: 299
    I chose May to fit in the band that we wanted! Not very romantic but true nontheless!
  • JnutmanJnutman Posts: 561
    We chose 31st May as it was my grandads (mams dad) and grandmas (dads mams) birthday on the 30th (who have both sadly passed away) and the nearest saturday to that was the 31st. I thought it would be nice to have a sad day followed by a happy day and that my gran and grandad would like it that way to.

xxxx
  • We chose 31st May (or should I say I chose May) as it will be 4 years to the day that we met, so he won't have to remember 2 anniversaries

• hi

we picked may because thats when h2b proposed, i wanted it to be the 5th but the hotal were getting married at only had the 17th left, dont really mind thought just cant wait,

xx
  • We chose May, as we orginally wanted to get married in January in New York but because of family issues we decided to get married here. H2B is 3months younger than me, so I wanted to get married when we were both 24 so as my Bday is in June we decided to do it in May. We just chose a random date in May, H2B decided the middle of May would be the best and when we went to the church the priest asked why we wanted to get married on a Wednesday so we then changed it to the nearest Saturday.

xx
  • nathuknathuk Posts: 65
    I wanted to get married on a Sunday because my family is Jewish and Sunday is normal for us. So bank holiday Sunday makes sense because then people don't have to book the next day off work. I've noticed for years that the best bank holiday Sunday is the early one in May. So after he proposed this upcoming one was the next most convenient one. Calculated I know. And naturally all the days of May 2008 will be gorgeous weatherwise.
  • we are getting married 24th may, i chose may becasue i wanted to get married the same month as my mum and dad.

and because its spring we both wanted a spring wedding
  • carsone2carsone2 Posts: 431
    We chose May as that was the earliest month we could have saved up enough money to pay for the wedding (we're both putting money into the wedding fund every month) - not a very romantic reason ;\)
  • We chose May as that's when we got engaged, also it's my favourite month as I love the spring and it's my birthday!
  • Well we choose May because it was a good month for our Honeymoon, and also h2b is a big football fan so we are getting married on the 31st May 1 week before euro 2008!!!

xxx
  • PozzeePozzee Posts: 405
    We tried for April but our we couldn't make the church and reception work. The 3rd was the next available date for them both. I am looking forward to it though - the weather will hopefully be warmer and it's the bankholiday weekend so people will be all relaxed. Fingers crossed.