Forum home Archived I got married in 2008

Wedding Present to H2B

Hey Girls

I've had a pretty productive wedding booking day.

So far today I have arranged trips for our honeymoon and I've also bought H2B's wedding gift - I'm taking him to Lapland next December - something he's always wanted to do. And I can't wait!

Hope you girlies all have fab weekends.

xx

• MrsDLBMrsDLB Posts: 1,324
    wow sharpie very organised! and that sounds amazing!! i bet he will be soooooooo happy!

i don't really have anything to report, but i received a card from royal mail for a parcel today which i think might be my handbag for the wedding, so looking forward to picking that up tomorrow!! image

hope you also have a great weekend sharpie!

xxx
  • Sharpie that sounds cool! I'd love to go to Lapland!

I've started to get h2b some pressies. Decided to do him a box of gifts with the following in:

a silver plated pocket watch engraved with "see you at 1.30pm"

groom handkerchief

Minature Jack Daniels

A tin of mints in the shape of a tuxedo that say "mint to be"

http://www.fabgifts4u.co.uk/mint-bride-groom-slide-mint-tins-with-heart-mints-p-742.html

a mug that says " I love my husband"

a tshirt that says "under new management"

a mock up of a front page of a newspaper with a picture of us and a article called "wedding of the year"

Trying to think of a couple of other little bits to put in there as well.
  • i actually now have nothing left to sort apart from bridesmaid drseses and suits (which is h2bs job!!) also invitations and favours but that is all!

also all me xmas shopping is done and wrapped!

for h2b i am buying

a night at river cottage (hugh fearnely whittingstall is his hero bless him!)

i am getting his watch from his late grandad fixed and a new strap put on and "dont be late" scribed on the back

a pair of socks so he does nt get cold feet

a set of mints in case he has a ciggie for his nerves just before!!

probs a few other bits and pieces like new undies, wash bag etc for the morning.

i also think he has plans to get me one of those cheesy just married t shirts so i am getting him one too, for us to wear on the plane on the way home!!!

i am gonna give them all to his brother the day before xx
  • Hi everyone

Awww how sweet are all those presents. Must start thinking about things like that... has anyone else been kind of not thinking about wedding plans with Christmas so close. January is going to be mega busy now!

For my h2b wedding pressie I was thinking of a Scotland shirt signed by the whole team (if I could get??) and if any chance, ideally one from the win over France in Paris last September?? Not sure of my chances there.

But I'm still gutted as we're going to Manchester this weekend - meant to be for the Man Utd v Everton game but they moved it to the Sunday and that's when we're flying back up.. boooo image

If at all possible might try and get him tickets for Man Utd v Arsenal next year - he's 30 a week before the wedding so it will be a joint birthday & wedding present probably whatever I get him.

Good luck with everything and have a lovely Christmas everyone! xx
  • I have also got h2b a pocket watch, wan to get it engraved but I can't decide what yet.

Going to put together a box for him, with the same sort of thing in it. Socks and the like.

I'm also booking a Rat Pack signer as a surprise for him on the day.

He would love lapland - might do that in a few years time as an anniversary present.

• I have also got h2b a pocket watch, wan to get it engraved but I can't decide what yet.

Going to put together a box for him, with the same sort of thing in it. Socks and the like.

I'm also booking a Rat Pack signer as a surprise for him on the day.

He would love lapland - might do that in a few years time as an anniversary present.

i'm loving the ideas of these boxes as presents, think i might have to put one of these together, as h2b doesn't seem to be coming up with any ideas himself!

xxx
  • I like the idea of the boxes as you get to get him lots of little things.

I found a minature JD and a tiny hipflask set in BHS the other day so grabbed that.

My parcel containing my I love my husband mug has gone missing in the post though. So has my newspaper mockup. Think our postman has nabbed them!!
    oh no kelly that's not good news! hope the parcels turn up. is there anything you can do, claim for them?!

xx
  • I've emailed both the companies to say they haven't arrived so hopefully they will send them again.

At least I've got plenty of time!
  • Pauleeen, your River Cottage pressie is inspired - thank you so much!! x